Hi my name is Josh,
I have also been lurking around on this website for maybe 2 years. I mostly have been building cardboard models and costumes and i'm guilty of borrowing foam files and using them for cardboard. . Right now i'm in the middle of a war machine pep build (my first card stock project).
I might just lurk around still even though i now have an account.

Hello all, not sure if I introduced myself yet. I'm Chris, a dabbler in making. I've never made any props, made a costume a few years back. I love making, and really want to collect props and maybe make a few as well. Like many of us, my favorites come from movies like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc. I have a desire to make or collect some of my favorite props, but also to create some flying props out of UAVs. Not making any props just yet, as I'm waiting for baby Cavs to show up in November, but I hope to get into it after (ha!).

I'm Carlos Michael, Brazilian living in the European bloc in Madeira Island, Portugal. Since when was living in Brazil, I began my first jobs as a cosplayer and creating my own articles to cosplayer. So be a hero came true when I made my first shades of Batman urethane. Then I began to devote my time seeking to learn how to write always better my work and my passion for cosplayer universe.
I want to meet people who are also creative and cosplayer universe professionals, learn more and more with the ideas exchanged in the group and approach the subjects on the fantastic universe of the creation of the Heroes universe for us. So Thank you for being part of this virtual environment in which we live the dream and the reality of living the universe cosplayer.

Hi yall, I've been on here lookin around for a few months but never introduced myself. My name is Riley Ogden and I just graduated from RISD with a sculpture degree. I've been dreaming of a few projects for a while but school demands made it difficult to find the time and money. Now that I've graduated hopefully I can start to jump on some projects and really be active/religious with the RPF. I've also just moved to LA and will be at the SOCAL meet up this Saturday.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! My names meghan! Been helping out with the 501st / rebel legion for a wee while now and love life! They always hook up with the hero's United league over here (N.I) and it's great fun to meet everyone and see all the different types of costume that people have! I was told by deadpool to sign up to this forum as he says he's had lots of fun! Peter Sutton!! Lol :-D

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hello, Steve here, located in Orlando, Florida.

I am currently a member of the Astromech group and working on an Imperial R2 unit, non-canon. I have met some 501st folks through that group and now working on a Tie Fighter Reserve costume. I was told I should check out this forum, so here I am

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've been watching for quite a while but never posted anything.. figured it was time that I introduced myself since I am starting some prop builds. I'm Bob and I run http://www.iliketomakestuff.com/ as well as a YouTube Channel called I Like To Make Stuff ( http://www.youtube.com/iliketomakestuffcom )

I make all sorts of stuff from all sorts of materials and am finally beginning to do some prop/costume stuff. This site is a fantastic source of inspiration and reference and I hope to be able to contribute as much as I get from it. Thanks all!

Hello, Im brand new to the site. I found y'all while looking for information on making Harry Potter props and thought this would be a great place to learn from the best!
Not on here as often as I'd like, and probably more of a lurker soaking up information. Hope to be able to share stuff once I get the hang of things. Thanks!

Howdy,

I'm a bit of a lurker, that would check out the forum from time to time as neat projects are linked from other blogs. Been playing around with making and building things at a hackerspace in SoCal for some time now, made a light saber or two and a few other small prop related projects. Considering some recent projects that are popping up, i thought i'd finally join to try and seek out some advice and share my learning process with anyone else who can benefit. My two big upcoming projects:
-All manner of costume and accessories creation and design for the wasteland weekend event coming up in september
-making a blade-runner style payphone/vidphone for the hackerspace I frequent. The idea being a management terminal to do some things at the shop like chat on irc, log into the website accounts and do some other things.

Thanks for having me

Hi All! I'm brand new to the world of Cosplay and Costuming and have just started my first project. I am a freelance filmmaker and photographer and have covered Comicon events for a few years and have been fascinated by the amazing cosplay that I've seen there. So much so that I decided to try one myself. Looking forward to meeting some new people and talking shop!

Hi from Perth Down under
Just started in the cos-play scene by joining the Dented Helmet an acquiring the knowledge to paint a ESB Fett lid and I was hooked next was a Godzilla Tusken mask to which I have the material for the soft parts and will be the entry into the local 501st. I am a computer systems engineer and have experience in electronics and programing which I intend to use for some props I want to make who knows maybe it might be something others will want too,while hoping to make new friends and learning as much as I can as mistakes are part of how we make a prop come to life. talk soon Clint

20160325_182428.jpg

Hi Everyone.

My name is Steve, and I'm a mechanical engineer, auto detailer, and a person that likes to build and create, much like all of you!

I joined this forum mostly due to the various builds that are shown on Tested, and i'm looking for inspirations for my next creations, as well as soaking up the many tips, tricks, and dos/do nots that come with modeling work and making things. :)

Despite being a member for some time, I am still incredibly new here. Not much time to work on my 3 foot super star destroyer kit right now and we are expecting twins any day now.

Hey my names Dylan

I like to try and make things that have to do with any Marvel or DC comic

Right now I'm trying to make a Spider-Man suit based off a concept by Leo Tyler from scratch

Hello my name is Jonathan but feel free to call me Allonsy Alonso or just Jon...
I am a major Doctor Who fan and obsessed with Sonic Screwdrivers...
my collection consists of
one 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Remote Control replica,
Character Options 4th Doctor Sonic Toy (majorly paint-deprived and covered in a new coat of silver acrylic.)
Character Options 10th Doctor Sonic Toy (50th Anniversary Edition)
Character Options 12th Doctor Sonic Toy (Singe Button Version)
and soon a Character Options 12th Doctor Second Sonic Screwdriver Toy.

I know all about the 10th sonic and all the flaws in the toys and prop replicas. And the 9th, 11th,12th, 13th, 4th, 5th, 3rd 2nd 7/8th.

Ask me questions and I'l be happy to help.
Sonic Whovian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I'm Logan. I'm 24 & I currently reside in Missouri with my wife and baby daughter. My interests range from sci-fi (Star Wars, Firefly, Doctor Who, Star Trek), Steampunk, and comics (Marvel and DC) to Chinese culture, Martial arts, and medieval European history. I've made various props over the years and am currently obsessed with sink drain lightsabers.

Hail to all! Very new to this community. Meant to join a long time ago, when I was making my first build, but never got to it. Now looking forward to being involved in new places, sharing my creations and enjoying the same of others, along with seeing the thoughts of others on the forum.

Quick stats, my name is Sean, originally from Alaska, and as of last year built my first costume. I'll be adding photos later as I just wanted to at least get an intro up. I'm local to Minnesota, nearto the Minneapolis area. I'm very much new to the whole building thing, though have worn costumes before. Just a lot of fun, and where a lot of understandable pride can be found. I'm always up to chat and will respond when and where I can. Looking forward to many great things!

Hi All! I've been a very long time lurker, having looked at threads for previous builds. Hopefully looking to expand my repertoire and quality of my builds.

Some more info about me- I'm a UK based cosplayer, but I travel to some international cons as well. Been to DragonCon once, going again this year, and been to Germany Comic Con as well. My main Cons are MCM and LSCC in the UK.

My Costumes so far-
Bat Joker/Harley Bats (Batman in Joker colours and Batman with Harley Quinn Colours)
Megazord (Power Rangers)
Thor (Marvel)
Tyrael (Heroes of the Storm Version)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back