Hello Everyone!

I wanted to get in here to be able to get access to a comunity of enthusiasts that would allow me to gain some awesome prop gear!
Can't wait to get my hands on a few things!
I generally am not interested in the big franchises but in the single movies.

Hopefully it will be a joyful experience.

Hello, all!! I've been stalking RPF for months now....marveling at the AahhhhMAZING work that everyone does. Figured that it was about time that I stopped being a stalker and join in. I'm an embroider by trade, but I also sew and dabble in leatherwork. I generally just like to make things. A few years ago my oldest son (now 15) became Con aware, last convention I attended was in 1991...myyyyyyy how things have changed. We've been to a number of conventions but I think DragonCon 2014 was a turning point for him...now he/we want to really create some great cosplays. So here I am....trying to learn from the masters!!

Last edited:
Hey, I'm Michael and I have been cosplaying for about two years now (almost three). So far, I've worked with foam armor primarily, but I've recently started taken an interest in other methods of prop and costume making, so I thought I'd make an account here and try to learn a few tricks. The costumes that I have completed so far are:

Steampunk'd Peter Pan (Original re-design of Peter Pan)
Kristoff (Frozen)
Maximus (Tangled)
Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell: Convictions)
The Joker (Batman)
Marshal Lee (Adventure Time)
The Iron Spider (Marvel)
Armored Deadpool (Original Re-design of Deadpool)

And my upcoming projects are:

Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy)
Armored Quicksilver (Original re-design of Quicksilver)
Armored Magneto (Original re-design of Magneto)
Genderbent Catwoman (Original design)
Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)
Link (Legend of Zelda)

Hoping to learn a lot about prop making and costuming here! :D

Hello!

I'm Thianegao, from Brazil and I'm tryin' to make some props.

Found this amazing place and i thank you all for doing the amazing work you're doing.

As I said, I'm trying to make some props, and as I'm doing, I'll post my progress here.

Thank you all.

Cheers.

Hey all!

I've been lurking the site for a couple years now and finally just got registered for real. All the different Black Widow cosplay posts brought me here and I'm finally starting to work on my own BW cosplay so we'll see how this goes. Other than that, I have access through work to 3D printers so a lot of my upcoming cosplays will definitely be utilizing that access. Haha

Hey, I'm Erik. I'm completely new to the whole cosplay scene, but this site seems like a good place to get the help and motivation I need to make my first Spider-Man suit.

Hi.

I'm new to prop fabrication, though I have a moderate experience working with some of the common materials and techniques used in prop replica fabrication. I work at Vocademy - The Makerspace, people can come to our place to learn a variety of hands-on skills then access our machines, tools, an workspace with monthly membership. One of the things we teach is costume, propmaking, and cosplay. I'm in the process of working on several projects that serve double purpose for work and personal, including a faun cosplay which involves woodworking, sculpting (I'm using apoxisculpt) for hooves and horns, thermalplastic, and fabric. I'm also working on a scalemaille vest for my 7 year old son. Eventually I'd like to build a Lady Loki cosplay, I'm looking forward to making the scepter and horned helm. I'm lucky to have access to lots of high cost tools like laser cutters, a complete woodshop, machine shop, welding stations, sewing room, 3d printers, to be able to complete my projects. I hope to be able to share some of my progress soon.

Good Evening.
I am anew member to this fine forum and I hope I may add to the creativity and be able to gain thereby! I am looking for any help on warhammer 40k designs or works, dalek construction, and any thoughts on mask articulation... I wanna make a Krampus mask! Thank you and may we all benefit

Hey!

I have been searching for Spider-Man props on the RPF for over a year now and I thought it was about time I signed up! I'm starting to put together my own The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit to use for SupaNova this year. Also starting to get into "The Flash" on CW which I might also make for Comic-Con this year too! :D

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the RPF forums. I have a couple costumes I've done over the years, but just recently got into building more complicated props myself. Currently working on a Mandalorian and a Ghostbuster to use at Cons in the future and join some clubs.

Hi, everyone.

My name's Eric, I'm almost 19, and I've been cosplaying for three years now, I think? Been watching various forums from here for a while, decided it's finally time to make an account.

Hello, my name is Azalea and I'm from the Philippines. I discovered this forum after checking a Voltron / Go-Lion costume which I found dumbfoundingly awesome. And so I found myself back into the cosplay scene: I've been a cosplayer since 2001 and have been immersed in cosplay until around 2004; then I went into hibernation until 2013. That's how big an impact the talented denizens of this forum made to me ^—^ I haven't finished anything RPF craft-worthy (the best I could do so far is sew my own costumes which aren't that notable) since I've only recently got back into costuming. Currently I'm embarking on my first seriously big project for a local sci-fi and fantasy event this coming May, which is a Legolas costume from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Looking forward to more great artisan crafts and inspiration from the RPF folks! (o^-')b

Hello, new member... looking for 501 st contacts... looking to make a sand trooper outfit... I'm located in northern California. Thanks for any help! :)

Hello all!
My wife actually found this site for me when I was talking about making a Spiderman costume. A lot of the work on here is brilliant and I am quite impressed.
I'm almost 30, in the US, and am just starting my first build: a spidey costume, of course. I'm not using anyone's patterns and everything is hand drawn, even learned to sew last week just for this. I'll share some pics and progress soon. Thinking about tackling an EVA foam build next... Maybe.
Keep up all the Good work everyone!
-weAreNotLinear

Hola soy español de españa al otro lado del mar.soy un poco friki de muchas cosas pero me falta algo de ingenio para hacer las cosas increibles que he visto que haceis mi unica creacion es una espada sierra de warhammer

Hello I am Spanish in Spain the other side of a little geek mar.soy many things but I need some ingenuity to do incredible things I've seen that haceis my unique creation is a sword saw warhammer

Hello

Like others I've been lurking around here for a couple of months mostly in the model sections.

Been out of model making for a while, just wanting to get back into it a little bit.

Hello,
I'm Ed Fortune. I am the Sequential Arts Editor for Starburst Magazine, and mostly here for the lurking.

Hello all! Been a lurker for a little while now, planning on doing more big costumes this year so I thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Sam, and I just like making stuff haha. Big projects I'm looking forward to this year (hopefully) are Starlord (Marvel), Mage Hawke (Dragon Age), Flemeth (Dragon Age), Raleigh's Drive Suit (Pacific Rim), and the most daunting costume I've ever attempted; The Iron Bull (Dragon Age).
Really impressed by all the work I've seen here so far, looking forward to maybe joining in! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back