Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hej hej,

I'm from germany so forgive me if their are some mistakes in my words. I like to make replicas of game costume or comics etcpp. I hope I'll get some help if I need them.

So far

Auditore

hi just discovered pepakura and this site and i must say i think im in love, been reading up for a few days now and watching a lot of youtube videos to familiarize myself with the process, i am an amateur hobbyist and was looking for something to help pass the time and seems i have found it, kudos to you all and i look forward to starting up a project of my own pretty soon, just building up a repository of pep files to get me started, figure i will start with a mask/helmet of some sort and see what happens ......

Hey RPF,

So to introduce myself, I'm a microbiologist and as if that isn't nerdy enough, I also enjoy most things fantasy and scifi (my fav's being the Belgariad and Star trek, respectively). I've lurked on here before, and was amazed at the tutorials, and costumes. So I figured I'd join up and see about getting some help for my next costume idea.
I think I'm going to mosey on over to the replica costume forum and start a thread about just that!

Hello, I'm Justin.

I'm new to the prop making world. The only replica I made was the ADAM Syringe from Bioshock. Here's a pic of some stuff I've made:
406270_389204141134282_1164394930_n.jpg

The smaller things are for my collection of Bioshock figures, ect.

I'm 16, almost 17. No job, no access to machines and such, but I came here on a quest to make a Portal Gun. I've seen people making them, but I'm afraid I don't have the abilities to cast, and carve like most here. I really would like some help with the replica gun. I don't think I could afford these kits people are making, let alone the light/sound kits(since I have no electronics experience). I was actually thinking of trading an ADAM Syringe for a kit. I doubt that would work though.

I hope to make one eventually though!

I go to a technical school for commercial arts. Hopefully with that I can go on to designing characters for video games. I'm at the top of my class. I guess my best skills are painting/drawing. Some computer work and such also. I try to make spare money by doing photography for people. So far, nothing. I have piles of drawings and paintings in my room. I don't know what to do with them all. Even have a hand sketch of the Dead Island Cover (main zombie only) with the logo below it in red vinyl.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:

Hello all! I'm Duke Duel. I've been modding toys, Star Wars. Currently working on a 11th Doctor toy mod (almost done).

Next is a 10th Doctor screwdriver that turns on my computer!

I need a hand showing me how the electronic bits are hooked up, I had mine fall apart on me.

Thank You.

-Duke

Hello! M'name is Tony.

I've actually been registered since '10 when TED released Adam Savage's Maltese Falcon talk. I have checked back in infrequently whenever I was curious, but lately I've come into some extra free time.

Decided to do a lifecast of my face this weekend, and then vacuum form some acrylic over it to make a form fitting mask of my face, just for practice. After I feel comfortable with the rig, I'm going to start making masks of/from various video games and movies. I've always had a fascination with masks, and would love to have a whole wall of them framed up some day.

Hi, My name is Murphy. I have had a huge interest in collecting everything from comics, cartoons, games and movie memorabilia. I have recently decided to expand my knowledge and skill in fabricating my own replicas and costumes. I have a few things that I have built or altered in some way to share with the forum. I hope that my creations can be as epic as some of the things I have seen on here.

hi my name is adison and i just started getting in to pepakura and models

Hello RPF. I've been interested in prop-making for a few years now, but I haven't been able to actually pursue the hobby it until recently. Aside from prop-making, I'm really into 3D modeling, 3D printing, RepRap, CNC, and most other open-source home manufacturing processes. I look forward to using these techniques in my own projects as well as learning others from you guys.

See you all around.

Hello all! I'm new to the prop world and am looking forward to seeing all the great work done here.

Thanks!
Brian

hi the are you interested in call of duty mw3

hi im interested in call of duty mw3 i like muisc and other staff similar to that and i like antion moives my favourite moive of all time was the matrix 1 2 3 and the animatrix

Hey guy, I am here for Breaking Bad props and to ogle the amazing builds that people are doing.

My name is Marcel and I am from Hawaii. The first character I've ever done was the Punisher at my first Kawaii Kon 2011. It was so much fun and my friends got me into cosplaying even more now. I am now doing Hitman and Max Payne. lol I just love guns. :D

Hi everyone, I'm Laurent, from Belgium.

A few month ago, some friends and me was talking about making an Iron Man suits. I've search how to do and finally let this project left. Two week from now, I've think about it again and... Here I am!

It's not my first costum but, the other was just a leather armor, for my Larp game.

I love the craft. I can't stay longer without doing some armor piece or something else.

I don't know what else to say :) except thanks for all your advice.

And sorry for my english ;)

Hello. My name's Mike and I live in Canada. I'm mostly interested in props from Mass Effect, Star Wars, LotR and Harry Potter.

Greetings from the desert!!!

I have been contracting in Iraq for the last 8 years. My name is Mike and I am a total comic nerd. Spidey is my passion.

I finally almost have the body for a Spidey suit and am taking leave for Halloween to realize this goal. When I was looking for a suit, I didn't want a Halloween costume, I want a real freakin' suit! It didn't take long to find the site after googling around a bit...and WOW!!

The Spidey suit work I have seen so far has blown me away!! I am gonna try to get a print and make my own, as I now see that will be the only way to get what I have been looking for. I look forward to seeing more incredible work here...and share my own once I can get started.

'Nuff said!

well hey guyz! Im Shawn, and ive always been into prop making, but, ive never gotten to do stuff with stuff like resin and molding casts, ect. Ive usually just worked on cheap and easy cardboard and hot glue props, and stuff of that caliber, but I wanna start getting on that next level! Anywats, im gonna be using this forum for tips and just help with my own props! Well, thank you, and ill see ya!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back