Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

hello

Stumbled onto here while doing some research for a batman cowl I'm making for my little cousin. I thought a simple casting, sculpting, etc project would be just that...then I realized I didn't know much about materials for the final product. Slush latex, cold foam latex, hot foam latex, etc... Hopefully I can get some help here on other material better suited for the task.

hi i'm diana from malta and i registered primarily to follow my brother's prop collection and adulate ;)

whilst i'm here i'm hoping also to find out if anyone knows what happened to the original cinderella dress from the film "the glass slipper"

cheers!

Hi i just signed up and looking to learn how to build props make casts and all that good stuff from you masters of the art here. I heard about your site while watching a video of Adam Savage talking about making fossils!

Hi -

Heard Adam Savage mention this forum in a talk - happy to have found it!

Im a video game artist by day & make all manner of sculpt-things at night - looking forward to learning from the folks here & trying my hand at a few things.

Hey, name's Ace. I found the RPF through one of Blind Squirrel Custom's blog posts. My partner and I are huge Star Wars collectors interested in making our own props and improving upon the one's we've bought. We're looking forward to learning silicone casting and vacuforming plastic together and I figured an RPF membership would be the best place to get tips and inspiration.

Hello RPF!

I found out about this site through TheHeroTutorials on youtbe. Great vids, if you haven't seen them you should!!

I want to start an iron man mk vi armor ASAP. But I am having no luck finding 4mm foam mats, don't get me wrong I am not asking for someone to do the build for me, I am just asking how to acquire the necessary material (EVA Faom 4mm) so I can get my feet off the ground.

Hello RPF! I've ghosted a long time here; getting inspiration and enjoying everyone's work. I'm a former Marine and a current firefighter. I go to every con I can in the Midwest, and this year will be my 10th DragonCon. My forte in the costuming community is the Mad Max/post apocalyptic genre. I have many screen accurate Mad Max costumes as well as tons of post apocalyptic weapons, armor, and outfits. Oh, and I built a replica of the 6-wheeled Humungus Machine from The Road Warrior.

59261_102326523165205_1185157_n.jpg

Some of my costumes:
Mad Max MFP Officer
Mad Max - The Road Warrior
Lord Humungus
Bad Cop (The Road Warrior)
Bartertown Guard (Beyond Thunderdome)
Ash (Evil Dead II)
Punisher with M134
Classic Nick Fury
Shocker
Chris Redfield (original Resident Evil game)
Simon Belmont (NES Castlevania)
Titus Pullo
Dr. Bruce Banner (Avengers)
Jon Webb (Tarot - Witch of the Black Rose)

I think the best in the world can be found here, and I look forward to being part of the RPF!

Regards,
Max

Hey Max, welcome here. Good to see you here too. This place is a wealth of knowledge and awesome people. Enjoy!

Hello everyone! I believe I was on this site once before, but I couldn't divine my username/email and I KNOW I didn't contribute much so i thought..hell, why not start from scratch?

I'm 34 from Kansas, USA and over the last year I keep finding my internet searches leading me here! In your area I've done mostly paper work, but there's no point in my providing samples because they've been very specific to my everyday life. ...so no screen props as of yet...

I'm not sure how much you folks are interested to know about be, but just ask. I've been repeatedly told that my IQ and OCD makes me a pain in the ass when it comes to details. In fact, this week as I have been working my way through the threads here I thought to myself, "I want to make a great impression by showing these guys a thing or two!." But the more I worked through the threads the more I realized I should probably keep my hand down for a while and learn a thing or two from you guys. I am impressed and humbled by all that I've found here and I hope one day to be able to give something back to you folks in exchange for all that I've learned even thusfar!

Thanks, Shane

P.S. Please note my attention to detail rarely carries into online spelling and grammar, so please bear with me as I tend to type much more slowly than I think. :lol

Hi I'm new to the forum and I need help from people to guide me to make pepakura so if people can give some tips that would be awesome

Hy there i''m from the Netherlands and building models for a long time ( mostly just modelkits ) wi''ll post some pics of my homemade dioramas soon. Now starting on my first prepakura and see if i can start making a full scale stargate Zat :)

greetings and pics soon :)

hi! im ian ,from south spain , and now i working on an iron man foam suit , this is my first attempt , i hope make a nice work whith your help

:)

Greetings everyone!

I'm new here as of roughly 48 hours ago. A friend of mine saw me building a version of a Loki helmet and informed me of this particular site. After looking for a short bit I decided to join in on the fun!

Currently the only other costume I have is Hikaru Hitachiin and as stated earlier I'm working on my first paper/foam build ever by starting on a Loki helmet. I'm looking forward to doing quite a few builds and learning more and more. Thanks to everyone for making this an awesome site....and I'm only on the tip of the iceberg!

Riibob

Future costumes:
Loki
Iron Man
War Machine
Thor
Hulk
Deadpool
and a slew of others!:lol

Hiya peeps from the UK

Joined last night, as I was looking into making a Jawa Ion Blaster and looking through the web site realised this was the place for making and creating film props etc.

I have been interested in Star Wars for the majority of my life I, recently, decided to join a national group of similar interests. I am currently making a Imperial Royal Guard costume and have nearly completed this, so I have started looking for something my son can wear and a Jawa seemed the obvious choice.

This site seems to have all the answers and I'm looking forward to really investigating the site further.

HELLO,

Well my name is john and i actually came across this site looking for iron man/ war machine builds! I feel like i struck gold! I would like to socialize with people who are working on or perfecting this craft also.

About me:
I'm 24 years old and used to be enlisted in the USAF. i got medically retired (yes retired at 23) last year, and now i am a full time student / father.

Builds:
I am working on my first costume right now(war machine). i am on my second helmet as the first one was to small.

I am still trying to get acquainted with this site, and looking forward to sharing and discussing with others?

Hi all. Name's Josh. I'm in the 501st as a shadow scout, and working a generic Jedi and X-Wing pilot for the Rebel Legion. I own just shy of 40 lightsaber hilts, not all with electronics. Future projects include finishing the lightsabers, creating a few blasters, and someday making a remote control R7 driod.

:)

Just a quick note of hello. I heard about this fine board from several other boards and thought it sounded great. I like props from different movies but am particularly into Indiana Jones props.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back