re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi everyone, my name is Joe. I work as a packaging engineer in Michigan.. what I do is design Corrugated and cardboard boxes, displays, etc. I've started to translate this into prop making by using what I have as kind of a large scale pepakura. I've been lurking the RPF for a little while and decided to join to share what I have so far. I'm currently working on a Weighted companion cube which I will upload some pictures too asap. See you out in the forum.

Hi everybobdy, I'm french and my name is david, I'm a student in IT engineering.
I'm a big fan of movies like SW or LOTR ;)
and I have join this forum dor discover the beautiful handmade creation.

My big project for now is to complete a stormtrooper life size ;)
See you soon on the forum

Hello all! big collector of star wars, star trek, blade runner, Ghostbuster and judge dredd props! Working on making a few myself including a "Phantom of the paradise" helmet. Glad to be here.

Hello everyone..... Im Walt from Kentucky a beginner level costumer. I gave it for a few years, but just started back into it last fall. I have a Tie Fighter Pilot Costume waiting on me in storage that has several hours worth of work left in it and an almost completed ANH Han Solo (need gloves and better fitting pants). One day I would like to have a complete 501st grade Stormtrooper Costume and perhaps troop a convention or two and maybe the Macy's Day Parade. I look forward to hanging out here with you all and swapping a few ideas from time to time.

IMG_0797.jpg

Hello, I am super excited to finally be able to post on this amazing forum. I found this site while searching for reference pictures for my Mad Hatter Costume. (This was before the movie came out so pictures were harder to find.) The costumes that were in progress on this site were so amazing. I waited patiently for registration to open up and here I am. xD I am a college student that spends way too much time watching movies and anime. When I am shopping or see something I like I am always thinking “I wonder how I can make that?” I love to learn how to make new things and replica projects are a favorite of mine. I also dabble in cosplay and anime conventions. I wore my Mad Hatter Costume to Fanime last year, it was a blast.

Hi guys, i found the forum through some prop googling and after reading lots of posts and checking out some of the work on here i realised this is the resource thats been missing in my prop building.

Looking forward to working with you guys and trying to help out where I can. Anyways look forward to chatting to you guys on the forums.

Hi All , I am new to signing up , but have been visiting from time to time. I am Commanding Officer of Cloud City Garrison of the 501st Legion in the state of Oregon. I own 5 costumes, ROTJ Stormtrooper, ANH Stormtrooper, Rebel Pilot, Prequel Jedi, and 1966 Batman. with many prop replicas. I am now going to starting a new project Han in Carbonite. I look forward to many tips on this one since i don't have alot of experience.

My Wife has many costumes as well. I am blessed that we share the same passion for costuming and props. she supports me in everyway. She also belongs to The 501st legion and The Rebel Legion.

Looking forward to many more postings.

Allan

Re: My 1£ Store lightsaber build

Hi
I am a Disabled Male of 33 years , In Wheelchair as a Result of Stroke's I am Interested in Scrollsaw Craft work also i am Trying to get Plans for Replica Guns such as " Deck Star " Tommygun Measurements Posted November 2009,

http://www.therpf.com/f9/tommy-gun-measurements-78208/

I make Craft in Wood and Toy Guns for the Kids in my Area as it Passes time for me as i do not get out very much with my Disability, But i love Wood Craft Etc and Art.

Thanking you, Scrollsawer,

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi my name is James been a member of the 501st for 9 years now. Besides starwars I love aliens, battlestar galactia, star trek and most scify shows. Been wanting to join for a long time time I just always got on right after reg. was over. Really glad to be hear.
James

Hey, I'm Bailey. I live in Olympia, Wa and have been collecting props/replicas for years, but I only recently joined the forum. Movie loves are Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Back to the Future, and lots of other Sci-Fi and Comedy.

My collecting niche of late has been patches from movies and shows. My dream prop replica would be a Proton Pack with light and sound!

Kia ora,

The names Dylan. I've long been a lurker here for a long time but now it's time I came out of the shadows and started participating in this fine community.
My life is made up of a lot of Star Wars and other assorted Sci Fi. I'm a proud member of the Southern Cross Garrison, home of the 501st in New South Wales, Australia and I spend a lot of my time arguing the finer points of Lando's moustache and Artoo's cussing with my fellow troopers.
I am about to become a father(T-minus 22 days) which is just the most terrifying wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.
I look forward to sharing in the discussions here and looking on longingly as everyone buys up the things I can no longer afford due to having to buy nappies for a poop monster. :lol

Cheers,

Dyl

Me and my girl.
IMG_0078star.jpg

Last edited:

:) hello all iam 1up89 or you can call me craig New to the site. iam doing my 1st ever prop its a hand from District 9 prawn hand. also going to do a tron jacket with blue light's in it. dont have much in props yet soon will. I can't wait to post/ talk to all of you about things after my 45day thing as a new member..

Hello to all,

I am a big star wars fan and frequent the rebel scum forums. I enjoy collecting lightsabers and other things custom and licensed. I am also a fan of Batman and some of the marvel galaxy

Hello all

Found this site while searching for Back to the Future items. Great stuff has bee produced by the members here. Always excited to see what comes next.

Howdy,

My name is Steve. I've been aware of the site for a while now and finally decided to register here. i spend time over on the Brotherhood of the Bat site under the same user name so my focus right now is more on Batman. i figure one thing at time makes it easier for me to get stuff done. After that the plan is to move on to Iron Man amongst other things. Looking at the different threads I've had a chance to pick up a lot of useful info for figuring things out on here as well as noticing a very helpful community of people. Hopefully I'll be able to return the favor and contribute some useful info as well.

Steve

Last edited:

What's shakin fellow proppers?!?!

My name is TJ. Recently got into building replica props about 2 years ago when I stumbled upon gbfans.com and saw the huge communities of prop builders. Since then I have been pretty much exclusively in the Ghostbusters mindset and now I'm looking to branch out into constructing props from other films and comics I loved. Looking forward to discussing with everyone!

Hi folks!

Just joined because I thought it'd be a good idea to do some research before buying a good Darth Vader helmet replica - boy, was I right! Between all the abreviations and what look like code words, I'm in for a ride!

I've been collecting SW toys since, well, either 1995 or 1977, depending if you count toys that were played with! Started with Kenner, then Hasbro, moving on to Master Replicas stuff and Sideshow. Guess I'm into something even bigger now as I'm looking for a 1-1 DV helmet!

Is there no cure?

;)

hi all.
love this site. loads of help to me as I have started to build my own iron man costume for my wedding next year.
were having it fancy dress so i'm iron man. I just hope I can build something as good as you guys.

Hey guys My name is Anthony and I really am enjoying the forums here. Everyone seems very helpful. And its great to know that there are others out there who have the same obsession that I do. My collecting started about 10 years ago when I bought the original screen used Robin Hood Men in Tights necklace that Blinkin gives to Robin that in the end contains the key to Maid Merrian's chastity belt. Since then I have gotten a few pieces here and there. I am very interested in making my own prop, I am just contemplating which to start on. But I just wanted to introduce myself.

Greetings all! Haven't written too much on the Web, but am learning to leave out "I" most of the time or don't capitalize it. So, if i get too wordy please be patient.
Am currently interested in replicating the Jedi belt pouches. From pictures it seems that there are about 4 distinct designs. i am not interested in taking the easy way, but want to get as close to the movie designs as humanly possible.
The belt, i have, the food capsules, i mostly have. working on an accurate Qui-Gon Jinn costume as well as one of my own design.
Would anyone care to share specifics of how to get the moulded look of the Jedi belt pouches from the movies? And make them actually function. i have an art background and enjoy sculpting. Don't know if that's of any help or not.
Working hard from what i know; it is probably the most difficult thing i have ever tried to make. That is after making the inner and outer tunics.
Boots are going to be next.
i appreciate any help that anyone could give.
thanks very much, and may the Force be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back