re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Gday all,

My name's Matt and I'm from Newcastle, NSW, Australia. Stumbled across the forum a few months back looking for information on prop-building to help out my cosplay-loving girlfriend. Still very much a newcomer to the art of prop and costume-making so I hope I don't annoy too many folks with constant questions! A big thanks to all the members who have been posting WIP and instruction threads, I have been picking up a lot of information from you all!

Hi all, wanna to say Happy New Year to yall. I was redirect from another source and been fan of this site for few month until after 11:59.59 PM of Dec 31th I decide to sign up so that I can learning something from yall. My name is Alf, and I am from SoCal. I used to make ODST helmet pek until I accidently drop box on it, which end up crushed. (Yes it is my first time experience doing pek.) I am currently about to work on Arc Reactor or Tron Identify Disc. Any feedback please feel free to help. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hi all, wanna to say Happy New Year to yall. I was redirect from another source and been fan of this site for few month until after 11:59.59 PM of Dec 31th I decide to sign up so that I can learning something from yall. My name is Alf, and I am from SoCal. I used to make ODST helmet pek until I accidently drop box on it, which end up crushed. (Yes it is my first time experience doing pek.) I am currently about to work on Arc Reactor or Tron Identify Disc. Any feedback please feel free to help. Thanks.
Hello, i'm Jonoc51, excuse me for my english but i'm french. I just speak a little english.
I'mm 38. I 'm fan of star wars since the first movie.
I collect a lot of things about star wars.

Happy new year.

hey everyone

happy new year to all of you.... a big batman fan here and looking to meet more people who share the same passion... btw i am 29 years old and moved 5 years ago from switzerland to china.....

cheers

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

I was at a loose end this evening and found myself looking around the internet for inspiration when I found this fine forum. I first heard of the RPF earlier this year, but never had the nerve to sign up, though now I have and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Thanks for having me here.

Holluba

Hi there,

I am a 27 yo French man and I moved to Australia 6 months ago.

I am a Batfan for 20 years now and I m collecting all kind of stuff.
I know the RPF for a while and it's time to start posting and share with you.

Happy new year fellas and all the best.

Batdag

Hello,

My name is Kristen I am with a small prop and costuming replaca company in California, Todds Costumes. I have been creating Gladiator, Indiana Jones, and Xena prop replacas since 2007. Of course the company has been around alot longer then that (since 1997).

I love to see the amazing work that everyone have done and hope to get some feedback on some of our work as well.

I am also here if anyone has any questions about any or our products.

Happy New Year!

-Kristen
http://toddscostumes.com

Last edited:

Hi Everyone. I'm Jim and live in the St. Louis area. I work for a local Aerospace company, have been married for 27 years and have 3 kids in college. I'm a big scifi fan and love Firefly/Serenity, Star Trek and LIS. I've done some modeling and have been published in two scifi model magazines. The only major collectible I have is QMx's Serenity BDR. I also have their Mal Pistol replica and have the Holster and Flying Mule on order. One minor collectible I own is the MR Darth Vader Light Saber and I sold my ICON LIS Laser Pistol and Milton Bradley Starbird to help pay for the BDR.

Thanks and I look forward to participating in this forum!

Hi guys, im from Istanbul Turkey, 40 yrs, married.

im collecting mostly Cinemaquette 1/3 Scale statues and 1:1 replicas, props etc...

by the way happy new year to all of you guys :D

Godfather-newyear-2011.jpg

Hello Forum!

I am glad to find this forum. Many modelers are looking for a screen material I have used to make tie fighters. I have the original material and you can contact me if you bare looking for it. Please provide sizes and quantities (and shapes if applicable) I am glad to know the industry is still alive and well.

Hello Everyone,

I would like to say that this is an excellent forum and I've known about this place for several years now due to a co-worker. I finally had registered so I could check out the Tron props plus a few other things. Y'all do an excellent job!

Glad to be here,

Chuck

hey everyone!
I'm Jimmy,
and im a prop-oholic...
just another Star Wars one at that... alright then.. :)

Hey! (I just found this thread.)
I'm Vardonir.
I make props and costumes because I can't buy them. Mostly of Kingdom Hearts, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

Hey everyone!!!

I was introduced to this great site about a couple of months ago. I am designing my first costume, and will hopefully be making many more soon after! To say that I am very impressed with the work all the members on here have done is a huge understatement!!! I look forward to all the convos and advice from all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Greetings, Programs!

Have lurked for a good long while, and finally took the chance to join.

I've enjoyed putting together costuming for years now-- ever since a good friend convinced me back in 1986 that we should dress up as Lisa Hayes and Claudia Grant for Halloween. Since then I've been to Dragon*Con 13 years in a row, and a number of other 'cons in between-- though I did have to miss D*C 2008 and D*C 2009 due to military deployment. I was one of the original founding members of The Colonial Fleet, and since then have branched out to find other costuming loves.

I enjoy a good bit of R&D-- I'll go frame by frame to get the detail research right, and I enjoy chasing down the right buttons, bits and bobs that make a costume really stand out.

I know a fair bit about tailoring, but next to nothing about molding and vacu-forming, so I hope to learn something new from all of the excellent costumers here.

Right now I'm working on Tron: Legacy costuming-- Castor, Rinzler, and the Sirens are at the top of the list for researching and ideas, and this seems like the place to be!

Thanks for having me. :)

~T.

Greetings,

I have been a lurker for a number of years. I am a co-creator of The Sith Training Temple and I have been making props for about 15 years. I am currently working on a full size X-34 Landspeeder and numerous other projects. I own a prototyping and effects company and I look forward to not being a "lurker" anymore.

hey folks, i made an account when i first discovered david pea was making the light suit replicas for tron legacy and really havent been back since. but now i have a purpose and something to actually add to the community, so here i am!

oh, yes, btw i'm a tron/tron legacy addict. i love all the props you guys make.... talk about talent!

anywho, i'm in Orange County, Ca and the name is Steve!

yo

I'm new. I know its sad i only just joined. I'm into pepakura costume building I am curently working on a Halo 3 scout armour the shoulders took me one day and the helmet took two. BTW if any one knows how to harden printer paper please shoot me a mesege.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back