Greetings from Belgium.
I'm very interested in Star Wars helmet/prop replicas and like to paint these myself. So far, I have only a few helmets in my collection, so always looking for a nice addition. 20170309_153910.jpg

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for my English, now is little rusty, I don´t have to much practice, my German is much better, and also my Spanish!. I´m living in Chile, the most extreme south country in the world. I´d been modeler since I remember, the matter of fact, I´m no forming a little company for models, but I´m living now making class, ´m a Teacher in a University, in Design, Illustration, Brands and advertising.

Really thanks again, and best regards

Well, it looks like this is a thriving community, as there are currently 482 pages to this thread. I am a student at the moment, and school and sports are taking all of the time of my day, and will continue until summer, where I will have some time to spare. I may make the plunge either this summer, or after I graduate college, so for now I will admire the amazing work of the community and one day join when I find the time!

Hello, everyone. I joined this community to learn about prop making and pickup a few skills here and there. Really excited to get involved.

Hello everyone! I'm Q and I'm obviously new around here. Been using the RPF as a reference site for a while, figured I might as well hop in properly. I'm an art student in CA with a major in art history and sculpture, but I'm a passionate cosplayer and I love making props for my groups. My current passions are Steampunk and Overwatch, and I'm really excited to get started around here.

Hello All!
Found this site researching casts and mold making. I work in TV/Film and have often been tasked to make strange props, which ultimately lead me here! After browsing the site, definitely found some interesting projects to follow! Thanks for having me

Hello,
I found this site while researching a Han in Carbonite build. Now I am hooked and too many project ideas and too little time. Oh well, looks like a great community full of like minded people. I am officially an electrical engineer but my passion is in woodworking but this has shifted lately into props as my children have grown older and now want AT-AT loft beds, Stormtrooper armor, ...

Anyway I am glad I could join and I hope I can add something positive to the community.

Hello
I am Paulo Roberto (Zuhr) I live in Brazil and I love making copies mainly of Heroes Marvel and DC Comics. My first job was the Iron Man Mark VII. I hope it's the First of many. I would like to thank everyone at RPF because it was when I met you that I was able to finish my work

Hi everyone!

I've been fixin' to fashion myself an ROTJ lightsaber for some time now. Keep going back and forth on which version to tackle. My research led me to this amazing forum which I've recently discovered has so much more to offer than just lightsabers! Super excited to join a place with so many creative people making and appreciating such a variety of all-things-movie-and-TV.

Hey everyone!
I just started my journey into making costumes and props, but I have been building and painting things for the last 8 years working on theatrical productions. I have a couple of projects already in the planning stages and need some help because I'm beginning to use materials that I have never played with before. I found the rpf through tested.com's videos, and the amount of information and help you guys are willing to offer is both humbling and inspiring. I can't wait to get to working!

Hi everyone,

I'm returning to cosplay and charity work after many years off. A friend advised me to give this a try - so thought I would. I help out in a lot of the online facebook groups so guess it is natural progression. I have used this site loads over the years and sent many others to it from my personal and private pages. Was reluctant to join since I do not have internet at home so it is difficult for me at times to post updates and upload builds :(

Past builds have been -
Arrow
Batman (69/89)
Batman - League of Legends / Dark Knight Ninja Version
Captain America
Crossbones
Daredevil (Afleck Version/Season 1 Netflix Version)
GI Joe Retaliation
Hawkeye (Avengers/SHIELD/Ultron)
Punisher / Frank Castle Version
Watchmen - Rorschach

More recently
StarLord (Version 1) - Guardians of the Galaxy
Hawkeye - SHIELD Version
Resident Evil (STARS/Raccoon City/Umbrella Corps)
Punisher

Current Builds working on-
Arkham Robin
Batman Dawn Of Justice
Deathshot
Nightwing
Captain Cold - DC Legends of Tomorrow
Heatwave - DC Legends of Tomorrow
Vigilante - CWArrow
Wild Dog - CWArrow

I'm fairly busy with working on these and on a significant reduced budget after being unwell and having no income.

My next cosplay will be finished later this month and be used at a local convention and charity booking we have. When attending conventions I try to do a mainstream character and also one not mainstream (doing 2-3 characters in one day can be tiring, but very rewarding).

I sometimes portray a character I feel is cult or just one that I think ROCKS and would look like it would kick ass if done correctly and given air time. I am fairly open to the build process being as close to screen accurate where possible if time and money allows. Being OCD does not help the budget, though I do have to make allowances and try to make compensations when funds don't allow accuracy may suffer, though I do try to ensure the outfit still looks cool or ROCKS!

I also make bespoke MARVEL and AGENTS OF SHIELD props and replica's many of which are screen accurate, every thing from case files, identity cards, dossiers, posters, custom decals, and the occasional custom tee shirts/decals.

I have just begun to make foam armour and props, as such I have started to make templates for others to use.

When not building props and costumes I help build web pages and also study!

I do occasionally help organise photoshoots for other costume enthusiasts, artists and designers.

Hope to share some of my build here :)

Kind regards

Eljay

Hi I'm building a captain phasma. And love to get all the help I can

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Howdy from Dallas, Texas!

My name is Mitch Bryan and I have been making for as long as I can remember. (My dad raised me in the garage as he built things for haunted houses and puppets of all shapes and sizes.)

I love Jurassic Park and all things Nerd.

I currently own and operate a small, family-run video production company in the DFW area, called WE3 Productions. My brother in law, my wife, and I make commercials, web-videos and short films. If you want to see some of the stuff we've done you can always visit our site, www.we3productionstx.com.

A few years ago, I got into cosplay and the like and since then, have been making weapons and costumes as much as our video work will allow. I'm currently working on a full-scale Mondoshawan cosplay, a John Hammond cane from JP, and obsidian daggers from the Mistborn book series. I am also about to purchase my first 3D printer and look forward to making my life a lot easier when it comes to fabricating specific items for my builds.

I joined this forum because my hero, Adam Savage, talks about this site all the time on his Tested videos. And I couldn't be happier to have found such an awesome group of like-minded makers.

I look forward to talking with everyone, getting advice and watching your processes. Live long and prosper, my new friends!

hi
i am a fan of props and prop making. i am most interested in props used for disney parks, but film and tv props as well.
like the person above me, i have found myself here after many, many, repeated mentions from Adam Savage and other members of Tested.com

i look forward to seeing the awesome stuff you guys are building

Hello everyone! Jason from Richmond VA! Huge Star Wars fan. Came across the site while looking into designing a lightsaber, and after seeing the "Show us your custom Lightsaber" thread..........I had to sign up :)

Hello from New Orleans

I am very new to prop building. My 4 year old is into costumes and costume making. I thought that this would be a great way to bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back