New Elstree Studio documentary with discarded Graflex.

I've handled a fair number of these - three or four - and the pins are pretty well protected.

Still... if the same pin is bent the same way - and not in a different direction, for example, that's an interesting coincidence.

Yikes—that’s a lot of clams to see shelled out for a hilt that has been torched and squeezed in vice, with most of its parts stripped off, and no verification that it ever saw screen time.

Still, I’ll bet you end up being right in your prediction Halliwax.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this sucker hits 200k

Yikes—that’s a lot of clams to see shelled out for a hilt that has been torched and squeezed in vice, with most of its parts stripped off, and no verification that it ever saw screen time.

While on the one hand, yes, on the other hand, it's the only Graflex connected with the first movie that we have any trustworthy provenance on, as well as being a prop that changed our understanding of the hero again, after we thought all that was done and dusted.

I think that's worth $$$$, for those who have it.

While on the one hand, yes, on the other hand, it's the only Graflex connected with the first movie that we have any trustworthy provenance on, as well as being a prop that changed our understanding of the hero again, after we thought all that was done and dusted.

I think that's worth $$$$, for those who have it.

Exactly!! Thank you ;)

I have a feeling it is a 7 gripped set-up. This isn't incredibly precise, but just a comparison

ElstreeGraflexGlue.jpg
ElstreeGraflexGlue1.jpg
IMG_2544.jpg

Exactly.
I thought one the key parts of this things credibility was that the owner wasn't trying to sell it - that's all changed, all we have now is one guys word for it he puller it out a skip. Yes he was kicking about the studio as kid, but that's not a lot to go on for a 5-6 digit price tag.

Exactly.
I thought one the key parts of this things credibility was that the owner wasn't trying to sell it - that's all changed, all we have now is one guys word for it he puller it out a skip. Yes he was kicking about the studio as kid, but that's not a lot to go on for a 5-6 digit price tag.

If you watch the documentary again. Mitchell is not the owner of the saber. He is not selling it. He gave it away to a friend in the 80s. After all these years the friend was found, and still had the saber.

We then could reunite again Mitchell with the lightsaber for the documentary.

Also, all the finding of Mitchell and his friend was done by emails and Facebook Messenger. And every conversation then has been put to paper, by printing the screencaptures of the emails and Facebook conversations, in order to establish a well proved chain of provenance. All that information is in Propstore.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back