New Elstree Studio documentary with discarded Graflex.

Roy,what is your opinion on the d ring bracket on the elstree saber,is it made similar to your current setup with the bracket going around the d ring and back under the part that gets the rivits?or does it go around the d ring and stops before going under the riveted part?

Roy,what is your opinion on the d ring bracket on the elstree saber,is it made similar to your current setup with the bracket going around the d ring and back under the part that gets the rivits?or does it go around the d ring and stops before going under the riveted part?

I'm quite positive that's it's folded double, otherwise the saber would fall of all the time! It wouldn't have any strength.

Excellent work Roy with the detailed comparison, I would be up for a few.

Also for those replacing a single rivet with double rivet clip do you think it would be worth you including as an option a template disk similar to your TFA/TLJ End Cap that would go inside the Bottom to strengthen the End Cap so the rivets don't pull through?

Excellent work Roy with the detailed comparison, I would be up for a few.

Also for those replacing a single rivet with double rivet clip do you think it would be worth you including as an option a template disk similar to your TFA/TLJ End Cap that would go inside the Bottom to strengthen the End Cap so the rivets don't pull through?

This hasn't occurred to me. Does that happen? I never heard that before. I don't think I will include that.

Are you planning on doing clips that replicate the Elstree clip or the longer version?

I'm planning to do the longer one (screen used hero saber). I don't think the Elstree Saber will be replicated often, but can be made by shorten the other one perhaps. Does that sound good?

OMG Yes! I am SO down with this if any get made.

Kinda glad I've held out this on doing a Graflex for myself, as I can at last do it correctly given what we now know.

Thanks, Roy! ^_^

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back