New alternative for Solo Blaster

What is the width of the magazine holder that the grill clips over? I know it's thicker than a Denix. Can someone measure it?

I don't have mine with me, but I know someone measured it earlier on this in thread, if you look through it.

Just measured mine with calipers:

23.32mm
0.9180in
59/64 in

Thanks. Would anyone be interested in one made specifically for this DL-44, 3D printed with the clips?

Tracking says my DL-44 will be here the 12th. Can't wait...giggity...

Last edited:
I would!
BTW, I also just measured mine and got a different width. I then realized it's because the magazine well is ever so slightly tapered going wider towards the handle.

I get 23.1 mm in the front where the grill clips on to 24.5 in the back.

if you measure the grill itself you get 23 mm exactly. Probably so it flexes a bit and fits snugly.
5215f1a5dc1601c7973e103fd01d66d2.jpg

Excellent. Thanks. I may have one in the works. Hang in there until mine arrives next week and I will have more info.

I'd recommend this place. They sell the original parts used on the screen used blaster. Get 3 sets, that's what you need to make it correctly
http://www.reademodels.com/

I know, I bought a few sets for my Leia and Greedo blaster projects.

But that's not the point of my question or post in which I was addressing. Since the base gun had a distinctive body shape, builders such as I would like something that requires less modifications to achieve the right look.

Mara, that's who I am talking with. He is unsure if the HFC will fit the AW. He will consider making one specifically to fit the AW, with the clips on the inside, just like the stock piece if interest is there.

Kontherun, while the original parts are nice, they will not fit the AW gun without significant Dremeling.

Mara, that's who I am talking with. He is unsure if the HFC will fit the AW. He will consider making one specifically to fit the AW, with the clips on the inside, just like the stock piece if interest is there.

Kontherun, while the original parts are nice, they will not fit the AW gun without significant Dremeling.

Roger that. :)

Okay, I didn't get that part.
This is my first DL-44 build so I don't know if it took more dremeling. It took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish when I made my grills.

Okay, I didn't get that part.
This is my first DL-44 build so I don't know if it took more dremeling. It took me about 2.5 hours from start to finish when I made my grills.

Its all good. That is why I want to get one made that fits, without the work.

My AW DL-44 blaster just arrived! I'm at work so I cant really take it out and assemble it. :(
I did examine the scope/mount and FH. Very nice looking! Are there any brass replacements for the scope adjustment knob that are not as thick? Or are people just leaving them as is? Can't wait to get this home. assembled, and start preperation for weathering!

Got my AW Blaster yesterday. Very impressed with the heft and detail. I'll be in touch with the Shapeways guy about getting made to fit grills done up. Mine did arrive with a few scratches, but nothing worth sending it back over. It's going to get weathered anyway!

f9lbr.jpg

1zf0hza.jpg

Scratch under scope mount.
2nw00sp.jpg

Small scratch on back of bull barrel.
294tkpt.jpg

And then hopefully get this 3D printed to be an exact fit to the AW that snaps in place.
a2s02w.jpg

My AW DL-44 blaster just arrived! I'm at work so I cant really take it out and assemble it. :(
I did examine the scope/mount and FH. Very nice looking! Are there any brass replacements for the scope adjustment knob that are not as thick? Or are people just leaving them as is? Can't wait to get this home. assembled, and start preperation for weathering!

If you look at my post #267 you can see what a difference it makes when you add the small groove that's missing on the scope knob. I'm happy with the way it looks after I added the groove.

kontherun, that groove really does trick the eye into thinking its not as tall as it actually is! Nice job and I will attempt this on mine as well. Thanks for the tip.

O.K. guys, for those interested, Sly Tools on Shapeways will be doing a direct snap in replacement grill for the AW DL-44. I am sending him my AW grill for precise measurements. He will then do ANH and a TFA style grill that will snap into place just like the stock AW part but with corrected dimensions. Hopefully these parts will up on Shapeways in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted on progress. No more Dremeling, grinding or gluing to get a better more accurate grill on your AW!

Your Welcome! :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back