New alternative for Solo Blaster

Mine from Shapeways.
73d9117118917bca054b0abe1bbaea4a.jpg

Is this painted or the "Black Premium Versatile Plastic"?
Anyone have any experience with the latter?

IMHO, you can get it looking pretty decent without a complete refinish, which is really more effort than it's worth on this particular platform. Unless you're going to remove the selector switch and do some of the other accuracy mods. I did refinish the flash hider with aluminum black, then weathered it, but just did some light weathering on the rest of the gun with 800-1500 grit sandpaper and 0000 steel wool. Also used some brass black on the brass parts, and added a 3D printed ANH grille and mystery disc.

Makeup pads work pretty good for applying the aluminum black, and you can get them pretty much anywhere.

View attachment 978342
View attachment 978343
Outstanding work!

Where did you putchase your 3d printed mystery disk and grille? And how did you finish out the mystery disk to make it look metallic and then how did you go about permanently attaching it to the blaster?

Any help would be appreciated!

Outstanding work!

Where did you putchase your 3d printed mystery disk and grille? And how did you finish out the mystery disk to make it look metallic and then how did you go about permanently attaching it to the blaster?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I replied to your PM.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back