New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

Thanks RayR! I did 55 total for the wand company (not sure how many individual sonics as some had to be done several times if replacement batteries were dud too!) That was between Sept '17 and Sept '18!! I originally got in touch with them because I'd found some batteries on Alibaba that were the same size and spec but they didn't have the charging circuit, we trialed those but they wouldn't charge unfortunately. I'll have a look on AliExpress thanks! If they're going to do it officially again though will have to be exact same spec! Thanks again :)

Sorry to bring up a dead thread again, but i got a question and surprise surprise it's not about the battery.

I already replaced my battery in my sonic and it works great, but one issue i have had was the button, and i've put in a temporary solution to fix it. What is the button on the remote normally like? is it clicky? (i mean the actual feel, not the 'click' noise the speakers make when you press it) or is it soft and depresses easily?. My sonic button was WAY too sensitive after the repair, idk what happened to it, but the lightest of touches would activate it, just picking it up would activate the button. So i rigged up a solution using a chunk of rubber from a stress ball and a piece of tissue paper to keep the Faux Clear button from always touching the actual button on the board, giving it a sort of soft squishy feel when you press on it.

Just a heads up, the batteries marked on the internet as 360821 fit nearly perfectly (Amazon, eBay, etc.....). Shorter, but that's ok. They are rated 50mAh. I used Phez's method from a few pages back and it worked out just fine, took just a few minutes.

Hello everyone!

Made an account just so I can express my gratitude and say a big THANK YOU to everyone in this thread who taught me how to replace the battery and where to buy a new battery from.

Just in case anyone needs this info, I will shortly take you through our experience. I asked my brother to help (he pretty much did all the delicate work and he's my hero).

1. We bought a 3,7V 50 mAh 360821 Li Polymer Akku Battery for 8£ from ebay

2. Just like you taught us, we began by removing the black cap and unscrewing the bottom silver part of the Sonic Screwdriver (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey, so we went counter clockwise)

3. The unscrewing proved to be difficult in our case as there definitely was a bit of glue holding it in place. Going back and forth firmly but not forcefully finally made the glue give in and we managed to unscrew the silver part.

4. The white casing inside was held by a small plastic locking mechanism. We used a small blunt metal object to push in that "square" and release the grip.

5. Gently splitting the white casing open, we felt like it was opposing quite strongly. We couldn't open it as much as it was shown in the pictures you guys posted. It felt like it was gonna break if we tried, so we kept it open as much as we deemed "safe".

6. Using various small metal tools, we tried getting the old battery out. It was heavily glued to a small plaque inside. So we carefully kept pulling and wiggling it. This took a long time, especially as we tried to not pierce it with our tools. Finally, we managed to remove it, squeezing it (barely) through the white casing. The plaque too. We were careful not to damage the wires or pull too hard.

7. We unwrapped the yellow ducktape and exposed the location where the wires connect to the old battery. Using the soldering gun, we disconnected the wires from the old battery.

8. We did not have enough space to solder the new battery onto the circuit board, so... using a sharp knife, we cut the wrapping/cover of the wires, exposing more of the wires, on both the new battery wires and the wires from the old battery which were still attached to the circuit board.

9. We twirled the wires together (red with red, black with black) and used the soldering gun and soldering metal to fix them together (red to red, black to black). We used the charging cable on the sonic and it lit up! Red light, no more "instant green because old battery is dead"!

10. We removed the charging cable, gently shoved in the new battery, closed the white casing, screwed in the silver piece and connected the charger again. It still worked! Two hours later, sonic is functioning good as new!

Very happy (especially for someone less handy with tools as I am). Thank you again and hope this helps anyone in the future :D

Cheers!

has anyone got the measurements of the original battery? i've read through the last 10 pages and can't find anyone giving them, would be handy to know, i

Damn tried this method and the wire was never thick enough to make it easy to twist and solder together. I don't want to nick the aluminum to expose the board either. I'm tossing the towel on this one.

The good news is I fixed my Nike Air Mags though.

Damn tried this method and the wire was never thick enough to make it easy to twist and solder together. I don't want to nick the aluminum to expose the board either. I'm tossing the towel on this one.

The good news is I fixed my Nike Air Mags though.
You don't need to twist anything. Just unsolder and resolder.

Just throwing this out there, there is really no need to pry the top handle assembly apart to change that battery. I just unscrewed the bottom spread the plastic piece apart with a fingernail and worked the battery out carefully. Un-solder, replace, push plastic housing back together and screw the bottom on,done. About 10min

View attachment 840684
View attachment 840685
Hey,
I don’t understand how you made the charging bit go soo back my one is limited by a lot any chance you can help me?

H
Just throwing this out there, there is really no need to pry the top handle assembly apart to change that battery. I just unscrewed the bottom spread the plastic piece apart with a fingernail and worked the battery out carefully. Un-solder, replace, push plastic housing back together and screw the bottom on,done. About 10min

View attachment 840684
View attachment 840685H

Hey how does your battery come out soo far?

Just unthread the bottom piece, remove it, and make sure the screwdriver is fully retracted. The charge port section will stick out that far...

The battery wires are long enough for the battery to come out that far. Just unsolder the wires AT THE BATTERY end.

How do you get the battery out of the casings as it is connected to the charging port
Just open the casing slightly, reach in and pull out the battery. It is stuck down on some foam tape, so you have to carefully detach it from the tape. But after that, the battery will be able to come out the gap you have made in the casing. Then just unsolder it at the battery end. Like phez said, post some photos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back