My Raimi suit build/guide *Starts soon* *PIC HEAVY*

I actually had 3d printer that file a little while ago are you sure it’s stolen the lenses seem to be pretty different compared to the Spidey planet shell among other things
The reason for the inaccuracy is that he used a photogrammetry program to scan it… and clearly doesn’t know enough about modeling to properly normalize and decimate the mesh.

Heck, I had my original production-made eye frames professionally 3D scanned and still had to have a professional retopo them from scratch due to the errors scanning introduces at such a small scale.

There’s were a couple geometric features of that shell that gave away that it was based on Yuri’s work based on a scan of one of the original vacuform bucks.

The reason for the inaccuracy is that he used a photogrammetry program to scan it… and clearly doesn’t know enough about modeling to properly normalize and decimate the mesh.

Heck, I had my original production-made eye frames professionally 3D scanned and still had to have a professional retopo them from scratch due to the errors scanning introduces at such a small scale.

There’s were a couple geometric features of that shell that gave away that it was based on Yuri’s work based on a scan of one of the original vacuform bucks.
Ik this isn’t great timing considering the situation but do you sell your lense files for like a one time download thing or know anyone who has accurate sm2 lense files posted?

Ik this isn’t great timing considering the situation but do you sell your lense files for like a one time download thing or know anyone who has accurate sm2 lense files posted?
There are no accurate files out there for the same reason I won’t release my files: too easy to rip off a digital file.

I’ll be offering frames and shells and spiders early in the new year. So, stay tuned.

There are no accurate files out there for the same reason I won’t release my files: too easy to rip off a digital file.

I’ll be offering frames and shells and spiders early in the new year. So, stay tuned.
Awesome will they be more affordable than the Spidey planet lenses or roughly the same?

Awesome will they be more affordable than the Spidey planet lenses or roughly the same?
SpideyPlanet’s are already very affordable considering they, like mine, are based directly off the real deal.

Mine will likely be similarly priced, but printed in a stronger, higher res print medium.

For reference: my first few frames I’ve have printed cost me $60 a pair from Shapeways JUST for the raw prints. I’ll be printing them myself going forward to bring that down, but this is very much a “you get what you pay for” situation and I’ve invested thousands just getting to this point.

Couldn't you recast them? also were the original slightly asymetric? I know that the left lens is higher than the right one when on the faceshell in sm3.

Last edited:
Couldn't you recast them?
My production made frames?

Part of the sale agreement with the collector that sold them to me was that I couldn’t just directly mold off of them.

The other consideration is the registration keys at the front of the frames are not great. 3D scanning allows that to be fixed.

My production made frames?

Part of the sale agreement with the collector that sold them to me was that I couldn’t just directly mold off of them.

The other consideration is the registration keys at the front of the frames are not great. 3D scanning allows that to be fixed.
I get you I had some poorly casted frames ( el fetts first Raimi lenses? before he used SP ones idk) and they had really soft details

Yessir. I own the vector files as well as physical webbing. Odd, because to me, the webbing looks thinner and the intersections are very prominent.

Yes, I own the physical webbing along with the vectors as well. Oddly, what you described as the exact opposite. The webbing is thin with more prominent intersections. It's very noticeable especially on the mask. I'm trying to send a pic but it's not letting me for whatever reason. I am open to other webbing suggestions at this point, as unfortunately the flashing made me lose motivation. I'm looking at S4F webs. Thoughts?
Where did you find the files for the webs cause when ever I open Ken landrums web vectors it shows the tasm2 webbing instead of Raimi suit webbing

SpideyPlanet’s are already very affordable considering they, like mine, are based directly off the real deal.

Mine will likely be similarly priced, but printed in a stronger, higher res print medium.

For reference: my first few frames I’ve have printed cost me $60 a pair from Shapeways JUST for the raw prints. I’ll be printing them myself going forward to bring that down, but this is very much a “you get what you pay for” situation and I’ve invested thousands just getting to this point.
Will you Vacu-form shells? its just when there 3d printed you can notice them sticking out around the edges but when there vacformed you can't for some reason.

Will you Vacu-form shells? its just when there 3d printed you can notice them sticking out around the edges but when there vacformed you can't for some reason.
I won’t be vacuforming shells. The reason that perception exists is because most fan made vac shells are thin plastic that squished under the mask. That squish makes it less accurate in shape.

I still have to figure out how to make my shells more universal since they just barely fit my head. And don’t want to sell things that won’t fit people.

I will say, in all my test fitting, my shell doesn’t seem to protrude perceivably because of how far back it wraps.

I won’t be vacuforming shells. The reason that perception exists is because most fan made vac shells are thin plastic that squished under the mask. That squish makes it less accurate in shape.

I still have to figure out how to make my shells more universal since they just barely fit my head. And don’t want to sell things that won’t fit people.

I will say, in all my test fitting, my shell doesn’t seem to protrude perceivably because of how far back it wraps.
But the original was vac formed that didn't warp right?

First of all I want to tell you how much I admire your work. I also share that dream of one day having a Spider man raimi screen accurate suit, and with a little of luck someday i get there

Second. Are you shure that Kenlandrum's webbing is the best choise? i've compared his vector files with Spideyplanet's webbing desing (wich i thing their are very acurate) and the Kenlandrum's webbing is thicker... but in the corners (intescections of the weblines) Kenlandrum's desing have less promient rounded edges. Barely you can see the rounded edges. Have you ever see the webs in real life that came from a Kenlandrum's files?
Hey, I’m trying to use ken landrums web 3D files and vectors, but I’m not exactly sure what the vectors do or how to access them.

So, LYB is a buddy of mine that did an amazing job with the pattern. Unfortunately, he isn't active anymore, but i do have his pattern. The only reason I didn't use it is because of the mask web pattern. Because I have a small head, and usual web patterns don't align with the faceshell. If he was available, I would commission him for a better colored pattern. But for now, I have to make do with what I got. And also, I'm using GIMP, which as the same color interpretation (i think that's the right term) as Photoshop, which is always compressed in screenshots and whatnot differently, so I assure you the pattern isn't as dark as it looks. I will probably adjust the colors, however. I'm trying to go for these colors:
View attachment 1468782
Obviously can't be achieved with blue colored fabric. Maybe close, but too blue. This is where white fabric comes in handy.
I'm LYB Studios...

How did you get a hold of my file? I don't remember selling it, I might have, but I don't recall. Also do we know each other? I haven't been active in this for months.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back