My first official replica: ANH Obi-Wan Lightsaber (ICONS)

I had one of these, I then traded it to improve my Star trek collection. I’ll never forget it though. When I received it, I said to myself here’s a piece of prop replica history. Though as stated as not really being screen accurate. It will always have a special place in my heart.
Congratulations on the find,

Matthew

I was wondering what would be the value of this replica as-is of today
I know it depreciated because of the Master Replica's, but just for knowledge im interested!

Maybe one of you'll be able to give an indication based on experience?

I think the value would be determined, not by how accurate it was to the original prop, but the place it holds as a piece of Star Wars collectible material, like the toys. It's important that you have all the paper and that it's mint for that market.

I think the value would be determined, not by how accurate it was to the original prop, but the place it holds as a piece of Star Wars collectible material, like the toys. It's important that you have all the paper and that it's mint for that market.

All the paperwork is in perfect condition, only thing un-original is the plexiglass casing but is a high-quality replacement. As stated above, te original one often was shipped with cracks or was very fragile.

Condition of the saber itself is mint except for a miniscule scratch..

I had one still in the shipper. Mine DID have a cover. 100 percent perfect with all paperwork. I sold it 3 years ago for 800.00 at a local convention.

Hey there sorry to revive an old thread and/or hijack it but I don't know where else to post a question such as this. I purchased this Obi Wan on Ebay it must be 15 years ago. To me, it looks similar to an Icons with maybe some wonky attempt at weathering but I am not sure. One strange thing is that the base of the pommel is totally flat and bears no Lucasfilm identification. Can anyone hazard a guess as to the origin of this? It is full metal- very heavy. Thanks!!

Attachments

• tempImagewFrrp2.png
    tempImagewFrrp2.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 54
  • tempImage0KHH5h.png
    tempImage0KHH5h.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 60
  • tempImageoo3kE9.png
    tempImageoo3kE9.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 55
That's a Darth Hez. It actually looks almost exactly like one that I sold over 20 years ago.
I used Aluminum Black to color mine, whereas SD Studios anodized the black and weathered them on the lathe.
Here's a few pics of my Darth Hez from back in the day:
File6184.jpg
File6192.jpg

File6191.jpg

WOW!! Thanks guys that is incredible. Reel Fakes- I think that it is the EXACT same hilt. I am holding the hilt up to your photos and I am seeing blemishes and features exactly line up. What do you think of that?? Is that a member here who did a very early run?? I am very curious about Darth Her, when you bought it and where. Was he a member here doing a run? Thanks alot!! Never ceases to amaze me the depth of knowledge and history in the members of this forum. Merry Christmas!!

Thanks Teecrooz, appreciate you filling in the blind spots. I've had it for so long and never knew it's history, it's nice to have some details.

Now I'm curious which came first... the whole chicken and the egg thing.

Here's the one I bought from Steve in probably 2000 - 2001 (and sold in 2009) - it's virtually identical:

SD obiwan.jpg

SD obiwan05.jpg

SD obiwan06.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back