My Blade Runner collection (NEW: Deckard's sawfish rostrum)

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Chess pieces!)

I have the set from Rick Ross and they are fantastic. These look terrific and I'm looking forward to seeing your display when its done...

Regards,
MARK

Thank you, Mark. Rick's chess set is the golden standard. I've been wanting one for years, but these three will have to do for now :cool

Just a quick close up photo of the chess pieces that arrived today.... they're amazing!

IMG_1531.JPG

As I was going through the different parts of the new Tomen kit, I couldn't help comparing some of the parts with real, vintage parts... I think they did a very good job on replicating the binding post, but I can't help feeling that the Weaver knob replica lacks quite a bit of detail/definition... especially the front stampings are... well, a bit lazy :unsure

IMG_1532.JPGIMG_1533.JPGIMG_1534.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1536.JPGIMG_1538.JPGIMG_1539.JPG

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW Tomen parts accuracy?)

You have an amazing collection. Congratulations !!.

New kit.jpg

This kit is a Rick Coyle?, is it more difficult to assemble than the others?. The other ones look fantastic and it seems you have enough skill to build it. What makes you doubt?.

(Don´t scare me, i´ve just got a Coyle kit). I´m afraid it´s going to be in its box for ... years ...

Well thank you... which other kits are you referring to?

Generally the kit by Richard Coyle is regarded as more difficult than for instance the kit by Tomenosuke. On the Coyle kit you have to do everything from scratch... drilling, tapping, fitting, grinding, sanding, trigger mechanism, putting together ammo clip and housing, cylinder rod, electrical work etc etc... where as the Tomen kit is more plug-and-play...

I've gotten a fair bit of work done on this - I'm sure it'll be done before the end of this decade :lol:facepalm

You have an amazing collection. Congratulations !!.

View attachment 744715

This kit is a Rick Coyle?, is it more difficult to assemble than the others?. The other ones look fantastic and it seems you have enough skill to build it. What makes you doubt?.

(Don´t scare me, i´ve just got a Coyle kit). I´m afraid it´s going to be in its box for ... years ...

Last edited:

I meant the two blasters you have in your display. One is a Sidkit and i thought the other one was a Coyle.

I have realized that Coyle´s kit is quite difficult to assemble. I will read, learn, ask and wait to do it someday but the important thing is that i´ve already have it.

At the moment I'm happy looking at the box from time to time. As Monty Python said: Always look on the bright side of life ...

As I was going through the different parts of the new Tomen kit, I couldn't help comparing some of the parts with real, vintage parts... I think they did a very good job on replicating the binding post, but I can't help feeling that the Weaver knob replica lacks quite a bit of detail/definition... especially the front stampings are... well, a bit lazy :unsure

Hmm. Looks like you could drill the stamping out a bit if you wanted to be super-accurate. Or just do what you did and buy a real one. Is your derringer real ? That 's the one thing I'm afraid I'll never be able to acquire, even with a handgun license they are illegal up here, barrel is too short. Unless someone makes an airsoft. . .

barrel is too short. Unless someone makes an airsoft. . .

Marushin make a COP357 four-barrel derringer copy but not sure if it's airsoft or plugfire-caps.

EDIT; A quick google search confirms they do heavyweight ABS airsoft in silver or black.

Last edited:

Hmm. Looks like you could drill the stamping out a bit if you wanted to be super-accurate. Or just do what you did and buy a real one. Is your derringer real ? That 's the one thing I'm afraid I'll never be able to acquire, even with a handgun license they are illegal up here, barrel is too short. Unless someone makes an airsoft. . .

I'm going with a vintage Weaver knob instead!

The Derringer is from Marushin. I would never get a permit for something like that in Denmark. Barrel is too short according to our laws as well.

In order to acquire a gun here you must: 1) Be 21 years of age, 2) Be an active member of a shooting association for 2 years, 3) Be approved by the chairman of the association AND the police, 4) Have an authorized gun cabinet installed at home, which literally has to be bolted to the floor...

Well thank you... which other kits are you referring to?

Generally the kit by Richard Coyle is regarded as more difficult than for instance the kit by Tomenosuke. On the Coyle kit you have to do everything from scratch... drilling, tapping, fitting, grinding, sanding, trigger mechanism, putting together ammo clip and housing, cylinder rod, electrical work etc etc... where as the Tomen kit is more pug-and-play...

I've gotten a fair bit of work done on this - I'm sure it'll be done before the end of this decade :lol:facepalm

It looks like everbody has a Coylekit...but is too scary to build it!:lol

Re: My Blade Runner collection (NEW version of the mystery bottle)

Excellent Buch, I always love seeing what you have to show. Your collection is a hard one to beat :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back