mpp

I'm hoping Roman or Solos Hold puts out a MPP Vader, I kept putting off buying a Parks (didn't want to wait) now they're gone. I tried making a shroud on the CNC but the force just isn't strong with me. I broke 4 bits and wasted a good amount of aluminium. So I bought a couple Heilands to put me out of my misery. Roys were pretty awesome, maybe he will start offering unpainted versions.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as far as getting roys vaders parts, I did order the mpp back in January from parks before they disappeard off the site. I was waiting till I had my mpp in hand before ordering from roy but I had no idea they were being pulled from the site. I was also waiting for roman to release the graflex so I can just buy both vader and luke parts at the same time . I guess it's just not safe to wait

Well done Jeff for dumping the MPP and just concentrating on el sabers. It may come as a surprise but there's some of us out there that aren't interested in making electronic sabers, some of us want static display pieces. I just hope Roman or whomever will make an accurate MPP. I'm bitterly disappointed with Parksabers

Agreed.... but the market decided... They got a stupid amount of people wanting non-accurate, close enough, FX saber conversions, vs. people wanting accuracy. So it only made financial sense.

He was always behind with delivery, so "not enough customers" should not have been a real problem? :wacko

I hate this decision to go the way to toys only. Now with Roys shrouds i would have loved to buy 2-3 of this MPP replicas, not the biggest fan of the Heiland conversion compared to this replicas.

Well done Jeff for dumping the MPP and just concentrating on el sabers. It may come as a surprise but there's some of us out there that aren't interested in making electronic sabers, some of us want static display pieces. I just hope Roman or whomever will make an accurate MPP. I'm bitterly disappointed with Parksabers
I really hope that someone picks up the torch. As cool as my Heiland Vaders are, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at an ultra-accurate ROTJ vader with rusty shroud, broken t-track, and everything. An MPP 2.0 simply won't suffice for such a project.

I was under the impression that a combination of parks mpp with roys parts would give me the best and most accurate replica. I ordered and paid back in January so I'm hoping I don't get stuck with this 2.0 version that is being looked down on I bought the static hilt only , no blade.

What version should I expect to get?

I was under the impression that a combination of parks mpp with roys parts would give me the best and most accurate replica. I ordered and paid back in January so I'm hoping I don't get stuck with this 2.0 version that is being looked down on I bought the static hilt only , no blade.

What version should I expect to get?
It's hard to say. I'm aware of at least one instance where someone had gotten a Graflex 2.0 when they were under the impression that they were getting a 1.0, but I can't say if that's a typical case or not.

I actually got a reply from parks today. He said my order is scheduled to be shipped tomorrow. I asked if it was a version 2 but didn't get a response for that question. I will post photos once it's in my hand.

I actually got a reply from parks today. He said my order is scheduled to be shipped tomorrow. I asked if it was a version 2 but didn't get a response for that question. I will post photos once it's in my hand.

Please do. I ordered mine (MPP 1.0) on January 7th. I'm very interested in which version might be coming.

14600822625481343813439.jpg1460082331325-827953914.jpg1460082416488-334026556.jpg1460082502271-1336402910.jpg
so here it is, my new parks mpp. I was chatting with Mr halliwax about possible changes to make it more accurate and he shared some terrific photos. His love and enthusiasm for these sabers is contagious. So what do you think, is it a v2 or a v1. I think it looks great but I still would like to make some changes and swap out some parts. The t tracks are hard plastic and not rubber, also this one came with the d ring unlike the pictures on parks website.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do know the track are supposed to be hard plastic. Just making a note that parks used to have rubber tracks. Also no ring.

Nice. I've got a V1 too but it has the rubber track. Still have to slap on the plastic ones from Roy to go along with his shroud I was lucky enough to get before he stopped making them.
.image.jpeg

Can someone clarify something for me?

I know "parksabers" was producing this replica for the longest time, then stopped. Now Korbanth is producing the 2.0....so is parkssabers and korbanth working together or are they the same "group"?

To add, if anyone's selling their V1 parkssaber, let me know!

Can someone clarify something for me?

I know "parksabers" was producing this replica for the longest time, then stopped. Now Korbanth is producing the 2.0....so is parkssabers and korbanth working together or are they the same "group"?

To add, if anyone's selling their V1 parkssaber, let me know!
Korbanth and Parks are working together. From what I understand, Korbanth is more-or-less a distributor for Parks' stuff, which is fine because his customer service is heads and shoulders above Parks'. I'm not sure to which degree Korbanth is involved in the design/manufacturing process, but I'm under the impression that they are Parks' designs.

Pretty much all parks made. Korbanth will make some suggestions and convey the market's wants/desires but Parks does his own thing based on how he wants it done.

For instance, before his steel run of obi tpm sabers I tried really hard to drill accuracy into it. However, he was adamant that the pommel bottom was flat, based on the one book pic that was cutout poorly.

He he wouldn't see my reference and just did it his way no matter how hard I tried to influence it.

Yet, he took into account people wanted more space for crystal chambers and 1" blades. So accuracy took a side seat to those market demands.

In the end since I didn't fund anything, my opinion was worth diddly squat. It didn't matter anyway, because ultimately he sold a ton of them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

I really really want to be able to get the one from Korbanth but the thing that is keeping me is that they're drilling holes on the bottom for I presume sound

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back