mpp

So I tried to reach out to roy to see if he had any left over mpp emitters but he said they are long gone. Is there a second best out there or should I just leave well enough alone and keep the parks emitter. Also , while we are on the subject, what other parts do you see that I should change out to be more accurate and where can I find the replacement nut to remove the lever? All and any suggestions are more than welcome and highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Kevin

Hey Kevin,

You could always repaint Parks's emitter shroud with wrinkle paint :

Just remove the D-ring and read the instructions on the can carefully.
According to Roy and others that paint has a nasty odeur, best to use
in a well ventilated room or even better outdoors on a day without a
breeze or wind and let cure for several days. Remove any other things
or obstacles of value out of the way. When in doubt how to apply ask
questions to the forum beforehand and folks will come to the rescue.

:)

Chaim

Is that the only difference? I will need wrinkle paint for my e11 so that will be a good thing. Thank you, and I'm sorry about your loss.

It seems there have been some changes to parks mpp.
1. the missing d ring now included.
2. rubber tracks now hard plastic

these are the changes I have noticed so there may be more. So I can take more close ups if need be to see if there are any other changes that may be for the better.

here are some photos of the emitter. I haven't seen Roy's emitter so I cant compare them. Chaim pointed out that I could use wrinkle paint but after further inspection, I see this already has a wrinkle coating. I will need wrinkle paint anyways for my E11, but does this coating look correct?
IMG_1948.JPGIMG_1949.JPGIMG_1950.JPGIMG_1951.JPG

here are some photos of the emitter. I haven't seen Roy's emitter so I cant compare them. Chaim pointed out that I could use wrinkle paint but after further inspection, I see this already has a wrinkle coating. I will need wrinkle paint anyways for my E11, but does this coating look correct?

To my eye the wrinkle coat that is on there is more accurate than the stuff Roy was using. Don't know about the shroud itself, I'm just talking about the wrinkle finish.

where can I find the replacement nut to remove the lever?

I'm not sure what nut you're talking about. If you wanna do an ESB/ROTJ version you simply remove the lever. The post it's attached to stays and still holds the clamp closed.

This is a one piece lever. So now I'm guessing this is one piece to be upgraded. You can not remove the lever from the bolt. Also the clasp is in 3 pieces.
14601681386231754956583.jpg1460168206629-1493372946.jpg

For ESB/ROTJ you need to remove the pivot pin from the lever unit, remove the lever handle, & then replace the pin back into the bolt shaft.

& I now feel very lucky that I was able to get a shroud from Roy when he first offered them (wish I got 2). They're amazing! & I know I was lucky when I got the last Parks MPP that TCSS offered.

Last edited:
For ESB/ROTJ you need to remove the pivot pin from the lever unit, remove the lever handle, & then replace the pin back into the bolt shaft.

& I now feel very lucky that I was able to get a shroud from Roy when he first offered them (wish I got 2). They're amazing! & I know I was lucky when I got the last Parks MPP that TCSS offered.

Can someone post a picture of the 2 shrouds side by side for comparison. Just curious to see the difference. When I decided to purchase the mpp from parks, I was told that a combination of parks with roys vader kit would be as close to accurate as I could get. Just didn't see roy pulling the plug on his shroud.

Last edited:
I've got Roy's shroud, T-tracks, & bulb release on my Heiland. I'll add the wires soon. Its texture is more course than the Parks & is aluminum, while the Parks (to me) feels like plastic or resin. I must say, I do love my Parks saber. It's a great piece, & built very well, I like it better than my ANH MR. But everything I've received from Roy has only been top notch & first rate quality. Roy is quick to respond to questions, & you'll get your stuff in a week or two (at least that's been my case).
image.jpeg
Parks is on the left, Roy's on right
image.jpeg
Again, Parks left, Roy's right
photos were taken outside in sunlight

Last edited:
That's a great comparison and thank you for sharing. It looks like your shroud may be slightly different than mine. In your photos, Roys shroud looks more defined and definitely a heavier wrinkle coat. My shroud feels more like cast than resin. My shroud looks like it has a little more definition as well, so I'm wondering if parks changed some pieces, remember, there wasnt a d ring in the previous release on his site and rubber, now hard plastic grips. I recognize his t tracks. I bought some tracks from a seller in the UK for my E--11 and they are identical. Slightly smaller than Roys. Also I like the look of Roys ring compared to parks. Looks bigger in the photos and Roys had been lable accurate. Looks like the release buttons are pretty close to each other. So, is it safe to believe parks has upgraded some pieces?

I was just looking at the vintage two step MPP shroud I have and it's wrinkle finish is somewhere in between Roy's and the Park's 2.0 version.

I actually prefer the finish a little more pronounced like Roy's because it looks more weathered and used. I have two of Roy's shrouds, one on a vintage MPP and one on a Parks V1.

Here's the 2 step for reference.
02 MPP.jpg

Can you put roys next to this for comparison. This is a great and very helpful discussion. Thank you

I found this pic on twitter. Looks like an ANH-era publicity shot, and that looks to be the ANH V2 on Vader's belt. Anyone have this shot in a higher resolution?
Cf9GXuGUAAEdRG5.jpg large.jpg

I really wish it was clear if you ordered a Parks MPP if you would get a replica or the 2.0 version. Aside from the spotty communication, the wait time seems like its just not worth trying, but there's almost no other way to get an MPP replica at this point. Been looking for a long time.

Last edited:
I really wish it was clear if you ordered a Parks MPP if you would get a replica of the 2.0 version. Aside from the spotty communication, the wait time seems like its just not worth trying, but there's almost no other way to get an MPP replica at this point. Been looking for a long time.

Help us Roman-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back