mpp

kevin926

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have noticed parks sabers has removed the mpp and I also see the wannawanga.com removed the vader shroud as well. Are these parts drying up. I do have an order in from parks for the mpp and it has been a few months. Am I missing something

Wannawanga/Roy found the production vs. shipping angles to not be cost prohibitive. Parks generally takes 37 years to ship anything so they must have realized they should take it down.

Legit MPPs have been a rarity from the start. The Heiland comparable parts are still relatively common. I just got a MPP style shroud for $12 off ebay.

Suggestion: Change the thread title to something more specific, like "Availability of MPP replicas and replica parts?"

It is a shame the replicas you mention are no longer available, they were great. But it's only a matter of time before someone else steps up and fills the MPP replica gap. Especially now that it's likely we'll see Vader carrying an MPP in Rogue One.

Parks, if I recall, only had so many MPP's available; it was only a matter of time before it dried up. If memory also serves correct, I remember reading him focusing on doing his 2.0 hilts from now on.

I know Roy was looking into alternatives in shipping the shrouds (someone ordering it in bulk in the States to handle the shipping), last I read. So it's not all without hope. Not yet, anyway.:p

I'd also be surprised if one of the big replica makers out there, Korbanth or Roman especially, doesn't do one at some point. Compared to Obi-Wan or a Graflex an MPP is a hell of a lot simpler in terms of design.

Maybe if we all ask Roman very nicely he'll do an MPP next year. After all with Rogue One coming I have a feeling 2017 is going to be the year of the MPP.

Maybe if we all ask Roman very nicely he'll do an MPP next year. After all with Rogue One coming I have a feeling 2017 is going to be the year of the MPP.
then its a good thing I ordered a parks mpp while he still had them. I was looking to buy roys shroud but at least I got the main hilt part out of the way seeing how parks has been labeled the most accurate so far. if roman makes one, it would most likely be completely accurate.

Last edited:
Production purchased the real deal from a member here during pre production on Ep. VII. I'm betting it shows up there.
My two cents.

Production purchased the real deal from a member here during pre production on Ep. VII. I'm betting it shows up there.
My two cents.

I'm with you. I'm sure the Vader saber was built up in the prepro days of TFA and then it never made it to screen during the writing/rewrites. It's been waiting, silently in the shadows like any good Sith would.

It's rumored there was supposed to be a remake of the Luke-Vader ESB duel in Cloud City from a different perspective for Rey's vision sequence. The film would seem to support that idea in that we do see a little bit of Cloud City but then it cuts away. Perhaps they bought the MPP with the intent of using it in that scene. Obviously they didn't follow through with that concept however.

It's rumored there was supposed to be a remake of the Luke-Vader ESB duel in Cloud City from a different perspective for Rey's vision sequence. The film would seem to support that idea in that we do see a little bit of Cloud City but then it cuts away. Perhaps they bought the MPP with the intent of using it in that scene. Obviously they didn't follow through with that concept however.

Yea that was confirmed, which is also why they released a vader and luke figure for the TFA line

Ah gotcha, so it's anyone's guess what they will use in Rogue One then. The nostalgia/attention to detail in TFA was very refreshing. It will be very disappointing if they don't go MPP for Vader.

Ah gotcha, so it's anyone's guess what they will use in Rogue One then. The nostalgia/attention to detail in TFA was very refreshing. It will be very disappointing if they don't go MPP for Vader.

It's been said they replicated the ANH vader for Rouge One, making several stunt suits. I think if they went out their way to replicate an older suit, then I imagine they'd at least make an MPP based replica saber, if not using the original parts, but perhaps it's own variation.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back