Vintage 2 Step MPP Shroud Price Question

Yea I would guess not as much. There's a thread surrounding the origin of the ESB Vader Shroud and a theory was brought up about how a 2 step was used and the thick part was build up to the top and then cast. So I wanted you try it out but the price is a big factor in the experiment. Not really wanting to shell out more than 200 for one.

I can save you the trouble. This shroud is build up from a 2 step
1710872390850.png

1710872409846.png

Compared with Roy's aluminum and steel:
1710872542163.png

Last edited:
Well, obviously it is similar, how much - I don't know how to describe it better than the picture above.

That's not the point. The important thing is how similar it is to an original one step shroud. I've not seen one with my own eyes yet, but from pictures I'd say - good enough.

So if you are the prop maker for ESB and have a MPP with a 2 step shroud ... my bet is you'll just make the prop with the unmodified 2 step shroud and nobody would notice or care that it is not a single step. But let's say somebody said "No, that has to be one step!" - then if you build it up similarly to what I did - why would not just use it , but instead cast it in steel and then use the casting?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back