Diameter of MPP flash

40 mm. screw cap end, 39 mm. emitter end of tube.
These may help as well.

3194FB67-9C3C-4EEB-BA26-35554B92CA7F.jpeg

3E973FD7-AF38-4471-8D80-152DF033BB89.jpeg

Top one by DARTH SABER is ESB
Bottom by roygilsing is ANH
Blueprints – WannaWanga

Last edited:
Yes, and the inner diameter is different on Roman replicas, American Heiland flashes and probably MPPs
If you don’t make the flash socket from scratch you’ll want to make sure you check the ID of your tube and the OD of the socket.

I would recommend a rotary tool, drill press and needle files for the slots in the tube. I would mark with sharpie where to drill two holes, buzz them with a round cutting dremel bit, and use the drill press to slowly drill the holes. Then use a dremel cutting disc to join the two holes to make the “pill” shape of the socket holes. Needle files to clean up the hole

Yes, and the inner diameter is different on Roman replicas, American Heiland flashes and probably MPPs
If you don’t make the flash socket from scratch you’ll want to make sure you check the ID of your tube and the OD of the socket.

I would recommend a rotary tool, drill press and needle files for the slots in the tube. I would mark with sharpie where to drill two holes, buzz them with a round cutting dremel bit, and use the drill press to slowly drill the holes. Then use a dremel cutting disc to join the two holes to make the “pill” shape of the socket holes. Needle files to clean up the hole
All stellar and concise advice Tom.

All stellar and concise advice Tom.
Thank you!

They're easy to screw up, but those cheap sink tailpiece tubes have the chrome look of these flashes, generally

I wish I could tell my younger self this stuff :D

If you aren't going to cheap route, you could learn to mock up parts in styrene and epoxy putty/bondo, and then molding and casting those parts hahaha, I learned that this past year for the energizer saber but it is a lot of work and generally an "easy option" for shops that already have a casting area and a place for X-acto cutting and plastic welding (clear chemical that you dribble on plastic and it melts the two pieces and welds them as it dries)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back