Monster hunter - Barioth

Well, the costume was really successful, and came together really well.
minimal wear and tear, i wore it for about 3-4 hours one day, and 8 hours straight the second day.
Anime LA 2012 (DD) - 01 - YouTube
this youtube link shows off some of the nicer parts, watch out for the gaining volume of the music though.

so i figure you may wonder how i put this all on?
well i start with the pants
IMG_0586.jpg

vest
IMG_0587.jpg

belt and bandoleers
IMG_0588.jpg

gorget
IMG_0589.jpg

shin armor and then the foot plates
IMG_0590.jpg

arm armor and sleeves
IMG_0591.jpg

jaw and shoulders
IMG_0592.jpg

and finally the helmet and gloves.. !
IMG_0593.jpg

for some additional pics there are a few direct links and galleries.
Anime Los Angeles 2012 - a set on Flickr
Monster Hunter | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.327038787317642.79164.181144498573739&type=1
i'll add more when i get ahold of them,
the first flickr gallery will have some more uploaded to it soon, once my wife in finished editing them

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
awesome!!!!

Briciius, depends what part.
i used a paint brush on the 'cracks' and i used a paper towel to force the brown paint into the marrow texture of the bone plates, and then used a clean paper towel to wipe the excess off and buff it.

Had to finally make an account here on RPF just to say thanks for this build thread. I'm building a bone helmet, and I have the concept done and the major build done - but now I'm down to detailing and painting and hit a roadblock. I needed some inspiration, and this is it. Thanks.

Had to finally make an account here on RPF just to say thanks for this build thread. I'm building a bone helmet, and I have the concept done and the major build done - but now I'm down to detailing and painting and hit a roadblock. I needed some inspiration, and this is it. Thanks.

Hahaha Nathan carter =D Wagon wheel baby!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back