Mike Mignola comics Hellboy costume.

And the holster.

20150406_022452.jpg

Can you please tell me what you used for the belt material? I have to make a 48" one for my hubby. I'm thinking maybe I could just make the front somehow, but I'm not sure how to "age" it.
We also bought a "steampunk gun" off of Etsy, but it's pretty wimpy. How big is yours? Sorry to ask so much. I'm new to this & am trying to get ready for C2E2 (Chicago).

Can you please tell me what you used for the belt material? I have to make a 48" one for my hubby. I'm thinking maybe I could just make the front somehow, but I'm not sure how to "age" it.
We also bought a "steampunk gun" off of Etsy, but it's pretty wimpy. How big is yours? Sorry to ask so much. I'm new to this & am trying to get ready for C2E2 (Chicago).

The belt is leather with a piece of foam inside to give it thickness. Going over it with a leather die did some aging work as well as getting rid of the red hue. You could age it more with simple acrylic paint or shoe polish. My gun is 13 inches long and the barrel is 2.5 inches in diameter. Feel free to ask any more questions. What costume are you making btw?

Hey thanks everyone for the great comments.

I think these are pretty much done. Everything is sewn from scratch here.
20150415_030821.jpg

I got a great tail going here made from pipe insulation foam with coat hanger wire going through the center.
20150411_191544.jpg

Came together rather quickly, looks great!
I recommend a good alcohol based body ink for the skin to ensure it won't come off easily.

Sorry for the delay! Our Con is tomorrow & I still have a lot to do for hub's outfit. I guess he's going as movie Hellboy. We're not using his (expensive) mask. Instead, I'm completely doing his makeup for him. Yes, I now know how to make liquid latex horns. I'm painting them now. No, my outfit isn't done! Ugh! My hubby decided to do a Nerf gun painted. Yes, I have to do that too. He painted it flat black, but it's my job to do detailing. Not enough time to do it all!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back