Mandalorian Season 3

Because we don’t actually know anything about the anatomy of the flying creature, we don’t actually know if the kid was in the stomach or in an inner pouch where the creature stores food to eat later for rationing or something. Like how squirrels keep nuts in their mouths for temporary storage.

Also, it’s not unusual for a wild creature to provide live food to it’s young so they can learn how to fight and kill instead of being fed dead food.
Completely bone-dry and as just as clean as before he got tooken? I liked the episode too, but c’mon, man……that was a little goofy. ;)

Completely bone-dry and as just as clean as before he got tooken? I liked the episode too, but c’mon, man……that was a little goofy. ;)
Wether the kid comes out goopy and wet or bone dry has no effect on the scene or the story. Being wet or dry didn’t change the narrative.

I didn’t get hung up on it because I don’t know the anatomy, lifestyle, or behavior of the creature I don’t have the information to know if the kid being dry was accurate or inaccurate so I accept it as correct until shown otherwise.

Snapinsta.app_337133069_224168310148320_5798843330363200991_n_1080.jpg

It was another "fine" episode for me. I didn't hate it but I didn't really find it exceptional in any particular way.

While Ahmed Best's cameo was nice and I'm glad he finally had a chance to shine, I found some random Jedi rescuing Grogu to be rather underwhelming. I still thought that would've been a nice and perhaps unexpected introduction to Thrawn, even if he was left somewhat obscured visually (maybe only showing a blue hand or something). The question now still remains how Grogu fell into the hands of the Empire.

I'm puzzled about Kelleran just flying off with Padme's ship unless there are multiples of that same design? For some reason I thought royal starship designs were essentially high-end one-offs. I guess that's not necessarily true but it does feel lazy that production just used a ship that looks identical to Padme's ship from essentially the exact same time period she would've been using it. Just muddles things somewhat.

It seemed like the jetpacks conveniently ran out of fuel pretty quickly and I like that they just glossed over the arduous and surely embarrassing walk all the way back to the covert. lol!

The kid not being killed by the raptor thing long before the rescue party finally got to him was a stretch and yeah, him being regurgitated perfectly dry and unscathed was a bit cringy. It was a blink and miss it thing and not a huge deal for me though.

Again, not a horrible episode but certainly not one of the better ones either.

Hmmm, I loved it. For a popcorn, effortlessly fun, no-brainer episode that was short and compact. For a story driven, logically based, no plot holes or anything stupid going on episode, more of a 1/10.

I was so excited to see this many Mandalorians, Republic Gunships, V-Wings, Ahmed Best, and some more Bokatan action. The inner-child I still think about (every once in while) was thrilled about this episode.

Super weird that Grogu didn’t come across a single person to change his clothes in the 30 years since he left on the Naboo Express though. Did production think we wouldn’t recognize him in these flashbacks? And are these prams super widespread? That was odd too.

My wife’s comment of the night “Oh great, more Coruscant.”

Wether the kid comes out goopy and wet or bone dry has no effect on the scene or the story. Being wet or dry didn’t change the narrative.

I didn’t get hung up on it because I don’t know the anatomy, lifestyle, or behavior of the creature I don’t have the information to know if the kid being dry was accurate or inaccurate so I accept it as correct until shown otherwise.
But you could apply that reasoning to any illogical plot point or inconsistency that takes place in a galaxy far, far away, couldn’t you? “Because aliens”?

Last edited:
This is a minor thing, but there is still repetitive/unnecessary dialogue that shouldn't even be making it to the final script draft, much less through editing.

Bo gets back from chasing the critter and says she's found the nest.
Next scene in the cockpit when she's calling up a holo map: she says she identified the location of the nest. Yeah, you told us that already.

They plan the rescue and someone says they can't use jet packs because of the noise.
A couple scenes later they land and start walking, and Bo says they can't use jet packs because of the noise. Not only was that already stated, but even if it hadn't, this wouldn't be the time anyone would say such a thing, because you don't say we walk from here if you're already walking from here. It's a writer's cheat to have a character say something that they really would have said earlier because the audience needs the info----sometimes you get in a corner and can't avoid it, but they sure could've here.

The Simpsons made a "this for the writers in the audience" joke like that once: there was a cut from one situation to another completely new one that had not been established at all prior, so Homer says something like "I'm glad we all decided to drop everything and head to the park", when they're already in the car and driving there. Bart says "what an odd thing to say." :lol:
I caught that, too. I could not tell if it was sloppy editing, or that repetition was for the kids watching, reminding them of why the story was proceeding the way it was.

But you could apply that reasoning to any illogical plot point or inconsistency that takes place in a galaxy far, far away, couldn’t you? “Because aliens”?
I think you’re starting to understand why I’m someone who legitimately enjoys all eras of Star Wars (OT, PT, ST, tv shows). I don’t get hung-up on details that don’t affect the overall story narrative. It doesn’t mean I don’t see faults or I don’t see things I wish had been done different or better, I just don’t get hung-up on it or feel the need to point things I don’t like out publicly over and over.

I just love Star Wars. Something isn’t awesome because it’s perfect. It’s awesome because you love it despite it’s imperfections.

One time an ex-girlfriend told me something along those lines, and I replied something like “well you’re really not giving me a lot to love then.”

I think you’re starting to understand why I’m someone who legitimately enjoys all eras of Star Wars (OT, PT, ST, tv shows). I don’t get hung-up on details that don’t affect the overall story narrative. It doesn’t mean I don’t see faults or I don’t see things I wish had been done different or better, I just don’t get hung-up on it or feel the need to point things I don’t like out publicly over and over.

I just love Star Wars. Something isn’t awesome because it’s perfect. It’s awesome because you love it despite it’s imperfections.
I love it all, too.

I guess we just have different expectations from it. Which is all good.

When I love something I love it for its imperfections but also want the best for it and want it to continue to grow in a positive direction. Understanding that different people love in different ways and some things that might not be paramount to one may be to someone else is important. Perhaps not being overly self righteous about how we approach SW, how we critique it, what we want from it or how we love it might be a good move for everyone (general statement not directed at anyone in particular). One way, sensibility, approach, etc. may be good for a particular person but may not work for others. We all love SW in ways that are similar and in others that are unique.

I guess I must have seen a different episode again because I thought it was really good even with the kid coming out nice and dry. So far the only thing I have not liked about this season was the stuff with the Doctor, that could have been cut by at least half, if not more, and still got the idea across.

When I love something I love it for its imperfections but also want the best for it and want it to continue to grow in a positive direction. Understanding that different people love in different ways and some things that might not be paramount to one may be to someone else is important. Perhaps not being overly self righteous about how we approach SW, how we critique it, what we want from it or how we love it might be a good move for everyone (general statement not directed at anyone in particular). One way, sensibility, approach, etc. may be good for a particular person but may not work for others. We all love SW in ways that are similar and in others that are unique.
Sage advice.
I think that my personal issue with even valid criticism, is the way it's expressed. It usually is a matter of "I PERSONALLY didn't like this, therefore I deem it stupid/lazy/garbage".

I was the one that crapped all over the issues with that kid being ALIVE, much less dry, but I'm not taking that as a high ground stance on why Disney has ruined everything good in my life. LOL

Matter of fact, I recall a conversation that Mark Hamill said he had with Harrison Ford during the filming of ANH. Mark had questioned whether his hair should be wet after the scene in the trash compactor. To paraphrase Ford, "Look kid... This ain't that kind of movie. If anyone's looking at your hair, we've got a problem.".

LOL

OK, the kid getting spit back up completely safe and dry and not as regurgitated mush, after all that time, was a bit ridiculous. As was those three hatchlings fitting in Bo's ship with room to spare.

But honestly, this is the first "short" episode in a while that felt "tight" vs. "thin."

And I liked the idea that the CotW hold so true to their creed, that they made sure they took care of the raptor "foundlings," too.
Agree, but also, suspension of disbelief.

Sure, Star Wars is the last place to look for logic and continuity. And those issues, while at times may take me out of a scene, or be laughable, but are not generally enough to ruin an overall show or movie for me.

And to be clear, those issues are not why I am disappointed with Season 3. Season 1 and 2 had some wtf moments as well.

There just seems to be a disconnect this season. It feels like they are winging it or even at times trying to just fill some episodes with some things that happened, stalling for time while they figure out where they want to go with the story and characters. Or maybe it is that they are trying to hard now to fit this into the jedi/clone wars storylines?

Season 1 and 2 for the most part where standalones that took place in the universe but did not necessarily need to fit into any overall story arc from the movies/clone wars series

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back