Mandalorian S2 multi-barrel blaster

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to start a dump thread for research into this blaster. Obviously, if you haven't seen Mandalorian season 2, stop reading.

Twice this season a blaster comes up that is built off a US Navy Flare gun. Vulcan, MK V, Sedgley, etc. will bring it up online, they're not very rare it seems and affordable, hopefully we keep it that way, it's not a webley by any means.

At first we thought the whole front tube was replaced, because it's a different diameter, but actually this flare gun has a mohawk with the logo on it. Mill that off and you've got the right diameter for the Blaster's barrel.
Stewarts Military Antiques - - US WWII R.F. Sedgley Signal Flare Gun, Mark 5, USN, 1943 - $165.00

C50B1E46-9337-4F6F-9690-3E003A0E4652_1_201_a.jpeg

ADE9FBDD-6C25-4AAD-A61D-4424BFF66FD4_1_201_a.jpeg

I think it's cool because it has like two barrels and a neat split design. Of course, there is a rare variant of the MP40 Barrel nut
2 flats barrel nut mp40 mp38

I THINK the lower barrel is an MP41
Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.01.24 PM.png

Upper... K98 and M1 carbine barrels look similar...

and that block almost looks like an Enfield rear-sight protector
45DD857A-D3BF-4F2F-8D49-847924B29349_1_201_a.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.02.34 PM.png

Here's the first problem: I can't find an MP 41, MP40, etc. sight hood that matches the screw holes. There's some screw/lock washer thing in the upper corner and a pin in the lower opposite corner. No airsoft, real, etc. seem to match. Here's a real one and the hole is centered.
Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 10.08.40 PM.png

Also there do seem to be some type of grips slapped on there. I don't think this is a completely fabricated item, it's too awkward. The little red LED is a neat touch though...

It could be a replica they made. It would be a lot easier for them to make their own copies, than to use a real firearm or flare gun. A lot easier for them to alter the design to their liking too. They don't have to worry about collectors, and can make it lighter that the original.

David.

There is something that makes this one look like the base is an “antique grease gun”, to me.

Last edited:
The underside where the barrel meets the frame, that triangular shape...it screams air pistol to me. They’ve used them for a bunch of other blasters, I’m guessing this is one as well. Gotta start comparing!

Thought it may be a Hy-Score, silhouette is very similar. No match though. Looking at the thing again, maybe it’s an “inspired by” thing again.

If im reading that right, everything from the barrel nut backwards on the lower is the flare gun, that triangular part is the hinge to break open the receiver

i remember Boba using this gun in the 3rd to last episode when Grogu was captured. I made a 3d model of it but based off some pictures but I dont know how accurate it is

Does anyone have a higher res version of this? It would really help, I think there's a serial number on the back of the scope. I'm starting to believe this is a prismatic sight and not a cut barrel.
45DD857A-D3BF-4F2F-8D49-847924B29349_1_201_a.jpeg

Thank you!!!

For reference sake, the US Navy Sedgley MKV flare
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 5.30.43 PM.png
I have come up short searching periscopic and target scopes

Unfortunately not exactly the focus point of the shot. I don't think there is much more detail there.

FettBlaster_E1_6.jpg

Attachments

• FettBlaster_E1_4.jpg
    FettBlaster_E1_4.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 167
Does anyone know what's happening on the grip near the lower "pin"? It looks like the area around the pin is recessed but I can't understand what that big square-ish highlight is. It looks metallic but it also looks like a recess that cuts into the grip and goes towards the front of the pistol.

Grip_Collage.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back