Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

356B198F-F872-4E60-97F6-C1CB53D8D4E4.jpeg

Control box mods.
knullzero
Do those arrows feel better to you?
This is with the ‘canon’ arrow faceplate including tilted/skewed arrows

They look great. The screw holes look to be a bit further away in the render vs the picture, although maybe it's because there is no screw in the render.

I watched a doc recently of ILM and how they made spaceships, and they used fiber optics, blinking sequences, etc in quite a few models. It made me a little more convinced this wasnt a PitA for them. the LEDs are big though! (deep)

Here's where I'm at with the updated, more accurate plates. I made a few extra for if I screw them up.

Also, I'm starting to think these triangle LEDs are a little too large, so I tried my hand at modifying some regular LEDs.
0711192059.jpg
0711192101.jpg
0711192100.jpg

And a quick mockup...
0711192117.jpg
0711192117a.jpg

Last edited:
Aw man I just realized you have to mill a small amount off the box to get the triangle plate to sit flush!

I'm not totally sure it DOES sit flush.

EDIT: Now that I've bugged out my eyeballs some more, I'm beginning to think you're right, Tom. Though I'm still not one hundred percent sure, I'm beginning to lean that way. The bottom edge bevel certainly appears less prominent from that front corner.
boxes~2.jpg
MOM identities08~2.jpg
MOM identities06~3.jpg
IMG_1901~2.jpg

Another question that I'm not sure has ever been definitively answered (at least I don't recall seeing any pics or reading anything about it) is whether a small section of the main box was cut away underneath/behind the plate. If so, how large is the cutout, and does it extend/reach up to the box lid, leaving only the cover plate for the rails to rest on?

Last edited:
I should also note the box has different bevels on each side, it's not symmetrical

or maybe it wasnt centered when they cut out the curve

noticed that on both casts I have

After reading through whole thread, I am incredibly interested! You guys are doing an amazing job with all of your research!

I don’t think it’s been posted, but I have to make sure. I didn’t miss an interest thread, did I?

Again, thank you to everyone involved for all of your hard work on this hilt! It is one of my all-time favorites, so seeing this much work going into it is very exciting!

After reading through whole thread, I am incredibly interested! You guys are doing an amazing job with all of your research!

I don’t think it’s been posted, but I have to make sure. I didn’t miss an interest thread, did I?

Again, thank you to everyone involved for all of your hard work on this hilt! It is one of my all-time favorites, so seeing this much work going into it is very exciting!

Thanks for that! We’re really honing in.
Just went through and determined the issue knullzero was seeing with the arrow spacing and have that essentially figured out.
Not just yet on the official interest thread although we are noting numbers of those who have expressed interest.
Discussions about logistics are still in the works and: as far as were concerned we’d rather finish the model development and flesh out logistics before announcing the run.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back