Mad Max: Fury Road

They could have just been graves he did out in the wastelands after the bombs fell as a memorial to them or they could have even been people he found and buried out of respect. Hard to tell but it seems like they wanted the to represent people important to him.

That is what I was thinking too, maybe victims from the war.

The original beginning for RR has Max approach a farmhouse, only to see Wez and the boys attacking the farm family and hanging them from a tree. They see Max and he takes off down the highway. Filmed but not used.

That would be cool to see.

You guys are really overthinking this. ;)

Mr Webber, I can see how an Oz audience familiar with the first movie could be dropped right into the opening scene, whereas US audiences would benefit from some prologue. (A studio "suggestion" like changing the title?) Did it have Harold Baigent's narration at the end still?

You guys are really overthinking this. ;)

Mr Webber, I can see how an Oz audience familiar with the first movie could be dropped right into the opening scene, whereas US audiences would benefit from some prologue. (A studio "suggestion" like changing the title?) Did it have Harold Baigent's narration at the end still?

Its good to discuss the classics yes? At least one person if not more got something out of it with the grave flash and Wes just made a zinger, well worth it me thinks.

The narration at the end was there, same as usual, speaking for myself i got it was the kid straight off. Im not bagging the producers for the intro, of course it is needed, just pointing out that it wasnt there at the first screenings in Melbourne. If the same was brought up about ,say Star Wars, it would probably be of more interest.

I'm not implying at all that we shouldn't discuss it. I find it interesting (obviously); after all, I'm still talking about it 30 years later. And I have to admit I never made the cooked Goose connection. Having seen MM1 multiple times before MM2 came out, I could have done without the prologue myself, particularly because of the retconning. One of the things I liked most about the first two movies was that there wasn't a lot of explanation about how things got the way they were (and why I despised the nuclear war copout in the third).

I just looked up 'sprog'. It just occurred that's a strange name for a kid.

sprog:
1. once disparaging term for a child, now often used affectionately.
2. a new military recruit.

The big idiot at the farm in MM is the same guy tied to Humongous' vehicle in RR.
They were sent to the farm by Max' partner, 'The Dark One'. The Dark One was written out, but his name is still on Max' yellow car.
Maybe we'll see him this time.

I'm not implying at all that we shouldn't discuss it. I find it interesting (obviously); after all, I'm still talking about it 30 years later. And I have to admit I never made the cooked Goose connection. Having seen MM1 multiple times before MM2 came out, I could have done without the prologue myself, particularly because of the retconning. One of the things I liked most about the first two movies was that there wasn't a lot of explanation about how things got the way they were (and why I despised the nuclear war copout in the third).

3 is what scares me about 4 coz if he made 3, the same attitude might shine though on 4 but i guess hes
got -1 up his sleeve for 5:facepalm

Well >insert fog horn here< me terryr, it is HIM. My tiny human brain never made that connection before, unreal. Gotta think about that a while. Sprogg in my High School days meant something else alltogether.

Also after Jessie is chased back in the forest you can here Max say "May, call The Dark One", who was suppose to be May Swaisey's husband.

They were sent to the farm by Max' partner, 'The Dark One'. The Dark One was written out, but his name is still on Max' yellow car.
Maybe we'll see him this time.

All new to me, i thought the dialog was Call Dargo or something like that, which i reckoned was the name of the goaty, shark tooth guy. Listening back to it just then made me laugh....... all this time....... Max isnt The Dark One, well i`ll be >insert fog horn< ...Love it. If i was Dr Miller id have someone out buying up as many XB - XC four doors ,Coupes and vintage Kwakas as they can right now.
I hope 4 is worth delaying the chance to see a return to the original storyline.

May likes 'em young eh?

In the original (Oz) version, The Dark One is talking to Ziggy on the mobile about Cundalini's hand. The US version confused it by having Max tell May to call Ziggy. (Or maybe I'm the confused one. In any case, TDO is not mentioned in the US version.)

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Furry vehicles?

The little nuggets of details you guys are sprinkling in here are fascinating!

Thanks and keep going please!

They made a fake head for the Toecutter in MM. You only see it for a second before he crashes. The head was used in RR as the dead driver that falls out of the semi-truck door.

The truck Toecutter hit had a crash guard painted to look like the trucks bodywork. You can see the difference now that you know.

In MM Max is shot in the knee. But they bandage and brace the other one. [flipped film?]
He was shot with a Luger, then killed the guy. He still has the Luger in Thunderdome.

The cops 'robot voice' and the nightclub singers song are the only things not dubbed in the US version.

The little nuggets of details you guys are sprinkling in here are fascinating!

Thanks and keep going please!

Well i certainly have got a lot from the little back and forths, my whole view of the storylines has changed due to this, and i saw all three when they came out.

Its great that no self proclaimed experts half piped up and quashed any healthy discussion....COUGH......PROMETHEUS.:rolleyes

They made a fake head for the Toecutter in MM. You only see it for a second before he crashes. The head was used in RR as the dead driver that falls out of the semi-truck door.

The truck Toecutter hit had a crash guard painted to look like the trucks bodywork. You can see the difference now that you know.

In MM Max is shot in the knee. But they bandage and brace the other one. [flipped film?]
He was shot with a Luger, then killed the guy. He still has the Luger in Thunderdome.

The cops 'robot voice' and the nightclub singers song are the only things not dubbed in the US version.

Hmm. This is the first I've heard the Toecutter/driver connection. The fake Toecutter head was really only a partial face inside a helmet. They used shots of it both for the Nightrider and for Toecutter. The prop still exists in its original form (if the Internet is to be believed).

Mad Max Online - Toecutter Helmet with Latex Appliance -

Bubba has a Mauser at the beach, but he shoots Max with a revolver—in the left knee. Max's bandaging and bracing is consistent throughout all three movies. (Goose, however, slides his bike on his left leg and shows up with his right leg bandaged.)

Yes, these are the useless facts my brain is filled with. :)

Yeah, I forgot the goose thing.

I just double checked and he is shot in the right knee. But then you see him on the ground with the left leg bloody. [works best on slo-mo.]

But Bubba does use a revolver.

The editing of the scene causes some confusion, but the video tells the tale. Max's holster is on his right leg. When his knee blows out, we're looking at him from the front (left knee on the right). In the next shot we're looking at his back. (I put so much effort into this stuff, you'd think I was getting paid.)

I still can't figure out how Bubba and the Toecutter and their bikes hide in plain sight like that.

It's OK. Earlier today I declared that when Bubba gets shot off his bike, the "cable" we see is actually fake blood squirting from his torso.

After reviewing the evidence, I found that I was mistaken. :unsure

I guess you're right. I might have the pan and scan version, which crops the sides.

I still can't figure out how Bubba and the Toecutter and their bikes hide in plain sight like that.

I wonder the same thing. It's a field of grass. You'd see their tracks.

And how does max drive a standard with that knee?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back