Mad Max: Fury Road

Never understood why in a world where fuel is a precious commodity, would they drive the most gas guzzling vehicles.

I guess it wouldn't be as entertaining if a guy driving a geo metro was chasing another guy in a prius. lol

Gas is at a premium sure, but it's a dangerous world requiring speed and power. The army doesn't mount .50s on a Prius either.

Exactly. You could put missiles on an ultralight, but it won't win the jet fight. You need something as fast as the enemy.

I wonder why they weren't chasing water though. There they are in the desert wearing leather and working around machinery, and they aren't thirsty.

I always wondered about the world change between the movies. Like said before the original movie would have fit more into the world falling apart and leading to the war not taking place after the war. Then again in "On The Beach" things kept going normally until the end too. Sounds like they retcon'd the first film to match the rest.

But in On The Beach the nukes hadn't hit Oz. Here they had. [In either case though, some people would just say screw it and go nuts.]

Man I really hope this movie doesn't suck mad monkey balls. It would be interesting to see how Max survived the atomic war. I really hope they include the war as a major part of the story. Very few movies have ever done this. Stories are usually always set in the time just before or after such cataclysmic events. It would be intriguing to see the world crumble from Max's point of view to showcase just how difficult his survival must have been between MM and TRW.

Glad to see the special interceptor back. I always loved that car. I really dug the fictitious clutch driven roots style blower.

Do we know this is set between MM1 and MM2? I mean, the presence of the interceptor with a full front cowl suggests so, but I don't see it as a given. It could just as easily be a reboot of MM1 or a retcon of MM1.

Do we know this is set between MM1 and MM2? I mean, the presence of the interceptor with a full front cowl suggests so, but I don't see it as a given. It could just as easily be a reboot of MM1 or a retcon of MM1.

Either of those options would cause me to lose my **** on a scale that would be, well, nuclear.

It is a fairly safe bet that Fury Road is not set betewwn Mad Max 1 and Mad Max 2.
The link that heads this thread says there were multiple BOBs and assumed they were extras
for its eventuall destruction, i think they are for other characters.

In Mad Max there was one Black On Black, made specially as a bribe to keep Max from quiting.

"where'd you get it?!".

"A piece from here, a piece from there".

There were other black interceptors, like the one Nightrider stole. But they were more 'normal'.

This film could be set between Mad Max and Mad Max 2. On the other hand, we could also look at this as being a new story line altogether. As stated, the new Falcon does have the custom front end. However, there have been modifications made to it. I.e. the headlight covers are different, it doesn't have the spoiler section below the bumper and it doesn't have what they call the "Sunraysia" wheels on it. Nitpicking, I know, but if they were going to set it between the two original films then you'd think that they'd at least get the vehicle details right. I mean, the car is an important part of the first two films.

I guess we're going to have to wait and see what they do and where they go with the story line. All we can ask is that it doesn't suck and they stay as true as they can to the original films.

Cheers,
Lawrie.

I always liked the first Mad Max film since I saw it and felt the second wasn't as good and three...well the wheels just plain fell off :confused

I need to go back and look but does Oz have nukes? if so they'd get hit in a WWIII event,but let's say they don't get hit hard and what you see in the first film is a country trying to keep it together and slowly falling to pieces as they (like a lot of the world) depend on imports to survive i.e. food,fuel,hard goods et cetera.

They could do a new one set between one and two showing how we got to utter mayhem and freaks,might make the second film more sensible.

Only the third movie suggests that Australia got hit by nukes. The second film doesn't NECESSARILY mean that Australia got hit, merely that there was some sort of nuclear exchange. It's possible that, as fuel shortages increased, and urban brutality grew, people took to the highways and outback to try to survive, but then so did the road gangs.

The first one was just sort of a dystopian future where society is breaking down for an unspecified reason.

When i saw Mad Max 2 on opening day it didnt have that . It was put on later for the international audience, not that that means anything but the start of the movie was punchier. Actually, the more i think of it, Dr Millar actually gave the perfect bridge between 1 and 2 already.

madmaxmovies.com should answer all the questions on Fury Roads movie plot
and there is also an awesome pic of Mad Max concept cars made by Ford Australia.

Last edited:
Mad Max prototypes by Ford. Not movie cars.

Ford-Concept-Int-31.jpg

And one with a Tazer in the grill.
d839a_Automakers2C_C-626x469.jpg

I like the bottom one. Why do awesome cars like this never get made? You always see these cutting edge hot cars at autoshows and what rolls off the line is another cookie cutter crapbox.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back