Unlimited Run Luke v2 lightsaber paint stencils and Neck Adapters

Re: Luke v2 lightsaber paint stencils: All new files

Just got the pics to load, the red line and arrow is a genius idea.

Amazed at all the ingenuity put into these stencils

Absolutely phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody will get a little instruction guide as well, to go along with the more thorough tutorial Halliwax is putting together.
32186914_1136210139853632_7382009429803139072_n.png32105730_1136211016520211_8997755291671986176_n.png

Yessssss, the reference of a center line will help greatly!

Hey guys. I'd like to ask for your help on something. It's been brought to my attention that someone has been selling lower quality scanned copies of my stencils. I don't guess it really matters all that much now because these new ones are so much better. And I guess I have to assume that someone somewhere is going to be dishonest and try to make money off of someone else's hard work, I'm more sad than anything. It's just disappointing to try to contribute to a project in a memorable way only to have someone buy one just to make copies of it and sell them under the radar.
If anyone has heard anything or has bought stencils from someone else other than me, especially if they look different than the ones I made, would you mind please messaging me privately to let me know?

For example my stencils have always been mailed in standard envelopes. That means they had to be cut down in sections. Each section was green or yellowish or brownish in earlier runs, but they always had labels over each section to tell you what each part was. Also, the taper section (since it goes on a beveled edge) isn't a complete circle but rather in the shape of a large C.

The below stencils are all on one large sheet, printed on a different type of vinyl than I've ever used, all printed in a uniform green color, with no labels over each section, and the tapered stencil is a complete circle, meaning you'd have to manually cut it out to make it fit.

I'd really like to know who is doing this and hopefully get them to stop. I know it's a long shot. Dishonest people will be dishonest and don't really care about stealing work from others but maybe I can at least get through to them enough so that they'll maybe think twice about it.

Screen Shot 05-09-18 at 21.16 21.PNGScreen Shot 05-09-18 at 21.16 58.PNGScreen Shot 05-09-18 at 21.17 21.PNGScreen Shot 05-09-18 at 21.17 30.PNG

Hey guys. I'd like to ask for your help on something. It's been brought to my attention that someone has been selling lower quality scanned copies of my stencils. I don't guess it really matters all that much now because these new ones are so much better. And I guess I have to assume that someone somewhere is going to be dishonest and try to make money off of someone else's hard work, I'm more sad than anything. It's just disappointing to try to contribute to a project in a memorable way only to have someone buy one just to make copies of it and sell them under the radar.
If anyone has heard anything or has bought stencils from someone else other than me, especially if they look different than the ones I made, would you mind please messaging me privately to let me know?

For example my stencils have always been mailed in standard envelopes. That means they had to be cut down in sections. Each section was green or yellowish or brownish in earlier runs, but they always had labels over each section to tell you what each part was. Also, the taper section (since it goes on a beveled edge) isn't a complete circle but rather in the shape of a large C.

The below stencils are all on one large sheet, printed on a different type of vinyl than I've ever used, all printed in a uniform green color, with no labels over each section, and the tapered stencil is a complete circle, meaning you'd have to manually cut it out to make it fit.

I'd really like to know who is doing this and hopefully get them to stop. I know it's a long shot. Dishonest people will be dishonest and don't really care about stealing work from others but maybe I can at least get through to them enough so that they'll maybe think twice about it.

View attachment 816080View attachment 816081View attachment 816082View attachment 816083

I hate thieves. They should banned from every forum, & shunned out of existence from anything that is Star Wars or prop related.

This is at least the second time in the last six months right? Where is this happening, on the FB pages?

View attachment 816080View attachment 816081View attachment 816082View attachment 816083

that is SAD.
Regarding your work, congratulations. Looks great.
waiting eagerly to paint my sabers.

We will find him.... give it time. I never really thought twice of the video, saw it a few years ago and since he mentions your name thought they were yours

But like you said these stencils are missing great detail, a lot of the islands are totally gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending you a pm trent

(Unrelated to the theft of your work. We'll find them though.)

What if you numbered each set,I’d say you take perminate marker and write a number inside one of the parts that needs to go onto the saber then at least if someone makes a copy you can tell by the number who you originally sold it too, then again I guess they can just cross it out but at least we can spot a fake by if it has a number.

What if you numbered each set,I’d say you take perminate marker and write a number inside one of the parts that needs to go onto the saber then at least if someone makes a copy you can tell by the number who you originally sold it too, then again I guess they can just cross it out but at least we can spot a fake by if it has a number.
It doesn't work like that. These go on as a paint mask. you apply them, spray paint the whole thing, and then peel them off leaving bare aluminum under the parts you removed. There is nothing left of the stencils once you use them.

And, not to divulge details, but I did do something similar. I re-ordered, re-colored, and added subtle changes to each run, especially for batch orders so that I could tell who I sold them to. So in that screenshot, even though it's a copy of my stencils, I can tell by the orientation and layout which group of print outs it came from. That's how I know which direction to look in terms of where the copies are coming from.

I also have half a mind to include a procedurally generated "tell" on each stencil that makes each set slightly unique like a marked deck or an encoded serial number of sorts. It's extremely easy for me to do and would be undetectable to everyone but me so that even if you were to spot the tell, you couldn't tell what it was or what it meant. That would make it so that any copies that surfaced would tell me the exact person I sold them to. I hate that I even have to entertain the idea and yeah I get it "It's just a sticker" but it's a lot of work and time spent not only on the files, but maintaining the runs, answering messages, sending them out, keeping track of orders and refunds and special requests. Believe me, I'm not making a profit on these. My time is more valuable than what I'm putting into them. I'm doing it because it's fun and it helps the community. If someone is going to take advantage of that in order to turn a profit off of simply scanning them into a computer and copying them indefinitely then I don't want to do it anymore.

It doesn't work like that. These go on as a paint mask. you apply them, spray paint the whole thing, and then peel them off leaving bare aluminum under the parts you removed. There is nothing left of the stencils once you use them.

And, not to divulge details, but I did do something similar. I re-ordered, re-colored, and added subtle changes to each run, especially for batch orders so that I could tell who I sold them to. So in that screenshot, even though it's a copy of my stencils, I can tell by the orientation and layout which group of print outs it came from. That's how I know which direction to look in terms of where the copies are coming from.

I also have half a mind to include a procedurally generated "tell" on each stencil that makes each set slightly unique like a marked deck or an encoded serial number of sorts. It's extremely easy for me to do and would be undetectable to everyone but me so that even if you were to spot the tell, you couldn't tell what it was or what it meant. That would make it so that any copies that surfaced would tell me the exact person I sold them to. I hate that I even have to entertain the idea and yeah I get it "It's just a sticker" but it's a lot of work and time spent not only on the files, but maintaining the runs, answering messages, sending them out, keeping track of orders and refunds and special requests. Believe me, I'm not making a profit on these. My time is more valuable than what I'm putting into them. I'm doing it because it's fun and it helps the community. If someone is going to take advantage of that in order to turn a profit off of simply scanning them into a computer and copying them indefinitely then I don't want to do it anymore.

DRM on stickers... What a time to be alive.

It sucks but pretty much bound to happen. I totally understand how you feel! Years ago I used to make custom decals for Gundam models. I designed a bunch of original markings and logos, on of which turned up on a rather large Chinese garage kit manufacturers kit. I was pissed, but also flattered, in a way it became an "official" logo in the "universe". Anyway, sorry you have to deal with this and certainly if you can take steps to protect your work you should!

cant wait to get mine by the way. :)

I've contacted someone on FB in the past to stop peddling copies, also calling them out in public. Unfortunately I can't remember their ID, but I'd sincerely hope it's not the same person.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back