Logan's Run - Sandman - DS - 3D printed Water Pistol/Squirt Gun (with UPDATES)

propmaster2000

Sr Member
Yesterday, it occurred to me that I will soon have a working 3D printed DS Sandman Flame pistol that produces flame as well as a
working Logan's Run Rubberband Shooter, so now I am working on a Sandman DS Blaster that will shoot water.
Sandman Squirt Gun. :)
I have rendered the hollow cavity to hold water and will work on the trigger next. It will be all one piece.
Will use the inside mech. of a squirt gun to make this happen.....I think.
logan's run squirt gun.jpg

Maybe adapt a spray bottle trigger and plunger into the grip and fill hole at the rear cap.
Might even add the Blue LEDs at the tip like my Rubberband shooter.
Would have to isolate the battery of course....still in the design phase :)

Well, here is an update on a project I started a little while back.
I managed to put more time in the modeling phase and I found the perfect water pistol pump/trigger for the job.
This will be the 4th creation ( Shoots flames, releases a rubber band, shines LED light and now blasts water) using the Logan's Run Pistol as inspiration.
Since the white PLA was in the printer I used that to mock up the design parameters. It will eventually be printed in mostly black PLA
and possibly have LEDs in the nozzle as well.
Another perfect CosPlay Prop weapon.

All the pieces will be glued together and then heat weld the seams to prevent leakage.

Last edited:
Here are 2 videos showing the progress of the Logan's Run Sandman Water Pistol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Below is the above prop Painted with Satin Black:
Didn't do any prep work on the surface to make it smooth. Just needed it black.
I didn't have an end cap on hand to finish the look.
water pistol sm.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty close to finishing this. I still have to add the false flathead slot style screws on both sides.
It works really well and would be great for CosPlay, Halloween or playing a practical joke on those under 30.
You can tell them that you were sent to reduce the population and they are next....Run Runner....Psyche!

The rear chamber was designed to be a removable water fill cup to aid in filling up the handle with water.
Some sinks you can't get the gun under to fill it up.

Last edited:
As you can see in my last video of the Logan's Run water pistol, it wasn't quite done.
So I added a simulated glow plug at the nozzle and the 4 flat head slotted screws for holding the side panels on and an actual
toggle switch at the handle.
This switch was used to turn on the glow plug when ready to fire.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back