Done / Completed **LINEAGE** Foundry Cast ANH Kenobi Stunt Hilts (ANH/ROTJ - V2/V3)

Some of Roman’s clamps have variance in the diameter through the stamping which is unfortunate. If you have another Graflex you can test to see if it’s an issue with the clamp by switching it out and see if it has a similar issue.

This is something I noticed too but since no one else has talked about it, I thought I must have just got an odd one. Just recently I thought I almost had to scrap a clamp because it didn't close properly even it thought it looked okay at first, but I found out it was because of exactly this problem.

Although, it does make it more like the real vintage clamps in that way. Vintage clamps varied a number of sizes. I know the older replica Roman's clamp I have for my Kenobi Hero is smaller than the ones offered today, and that was based off of a vintage clamp too.

Right but as far as I know Roman is the only one that sells a clamp with the V3 holes. Unless someone else know of one, because I don’t have the ability to drill those out

Right but as far as I know Roman is the only one that sells a clamp with the V3 holes. Unless someone else know of one, because I don’t have the ability to drill those out.
I understand there are probably a lot of factors here but… I’ll go out on a limb and start your Christmas list for ya here.

- Milwaukee Fuel 18V Drill Driver combo kit
- Milwaukee hex shank drill set
- Bench vice

Badaboom badabing you’ll be ready next time!

In the meantime any buddies with tools? Neighbors?

I was wondering, would it be easier to use a 1.5” dowel inside while drilling the clamp? That would be a good brace so the thin steel doesn’t run the risk of bending, and you lessen the burrs on the backside

I was wondering, would it be easier to use a 1.5” dowel inside while drilling the clamp? That would be a good brace so the thin steel doesn’t run the risk of bending, and you lessen the burrs on the backside
Well, If you’re deburring the clamp tabs you’d probably be able to deburr the V3 holes with the same tool. A backer lessens it but often still usually has some kind of sharp to remove anyway. Basically if you have it use it and it’ll be a smaller burr.

So is there a consensus on better clamps? Or do I just need to buy every one I see and test fit every single one?

So is there a consensus on better clamps? Or do I just need to buy every one I see and test fit every single one?
Here’s the safest bet.
(I dont like that this is case)
If the clamp was manufactured WITH a full Graflex assembly…. or at least in the same run with them. It will *probably* work.

IE Roman’s clamps definitely work when they come off of a full Graflex run, same with the Graflex Shop, KR, 89…

(All those clamps must meet diameter spec in the stamping to fit the Graflex bodies themselves correctly.)

What happens is when solo runs of clamps are initiated it might be a different shop or the bodies are not part of the run to verify fitment spec… or the tolerance is included even if borderline.

I do think Roman has historically had some of the most variance between all of the styles of clamps he offers (at least statistically because he has had so many)
Just like any vendor the higher the volume and more variety the more likely there is variance… it’s just a reality of production like this… at the same time there is an army of people out there who’s clamps from RP are perfect.

It seems like KR and 89 can’t always control the stamping accuracy with their shops either from other things I’ve heard and seen.

If I had to guess on a clamp that I’ve heard might have reliable tolerance through the varied runs it would be TGS due to the nature of their highly specific product- but others may note otherwise but I just haven’t seen that myself.

Or a vintage obviously- even with some variance there.

Anyway: Roman is VERY easy to reach out to as well. He might be able to work with you on the problem and dry fit a clamp if you needed assistance Romans Empire sorry for volunteering you buddy. And apologies if I’m off base!

Last edited:
Question for the v3 clamp DIYers - where do you drill the center hole? Is there a good template floating around?

My only reference is this:
1659577241909.png

and I think it is over the L or somewhere in-between the F and the L (but still closer to L) of the "G R A F L E X" label.

Question for the v3 clamp DIYers - where do you drill the center hole? Is there a good template floating around?

View attachment 1604456
and I think it is over the L or somewhere in-between the F and the L (but still closer to L) of the "G R A F L E X" label.
First post, at the bottom. Make sure your printer is set to 100% scale

this is hilarious, we have secret info that contradicts one another :D:unsure: maybe we'll get some good shots of the thing in the near future. If it is unmodified, they must have taken material off the clamp area of the cast, I have a copy of the unmodified cast and it's too big
I can confirm 1000% the hole in the box is unmodified.

View attachment 1604456

I use Roman's out of convenience but when I do them myself, it's somewhere between "L" and "F" and closer to "F." Though looking at this now I'll have to revise it.

Just wanted to apologize for the tardiness of this current run. If you follow me anywhere else, it's been a pretty tough time lately. I'm still working on finishing these hilts, but the energy has really been drained out of me lately.

I'll finish these likely within the next two weeks. Thought I'd do a small update to let people know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back