Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

Now, who here is taking part in my anti-CNY (Chinese New Year) movement? :cool We want our replicas holiday delayed free dangit!

Here here! Well... I'd also concede to the western calendar following their New Year if it'll get us those darn PRs! Same thing with the Serenity model that QMx are producing.... taking longer to get more model parts because of it.

I pulled my two orders and got my Amex refunded. Can't wait anymore for these clowns. Spoke to someone with a demo unit. Parts falling off, LED screen is now dead, problems with the magazine locking. There are better Pulse Rifles to be had for a tag bit more cash.

You might want to check your sources. For starters there is only ONE demo rifle and I know exactly where it is. Which leads me to believe that this "someone with a demo unit" that you have spoken to is taking liberties with the truth.

I'm terribly sorry you felt the need to pull your order, but if you did so based on the issues you described above then you did so based on bad Intel.

I realize your tone is influenced by the frustration you feel given the circumstances, but do take care who you call a clown around here, lest someone might get the impression you prefer name calling over intelligent discourse.

M

Rather a Trollish comment to make.

As my man, Matsuo suggests, I'm having trouble with everything you've said.

Besides. You can't judge anything from a demo unit which is simply a prototype.

This company has a track record of producing and doing the right thing. If it's taking a little time to get dialed in at the finish line, that simply happens with ambitious products that have never been offered before. The devil is always in the details and despite a comps. best intentions, **** just happens.

I'm sure they'll produce a fine product in the end and everyone will say it was worth the wait.

-Rylo

I pulled my two orders and got my Amex refunded. Can't wait anymore for these clowns. Spoke to someone with a demo unit. Parts falling off, LED screen is now dead, problems with the magazine locking. There are better Pulse Rifles to be had for a tag bit more cash.

I agree. There's no need to be bashing HCG's pulse rifle so fiercely just from info about the prototype. First, if Matsuo is involved in any way, I'm sure the prop will be great. Second, even if the info is correct and there are problems at the moment (and I've said this before), I'd rather them delay shipment to fix the issues than send out an inferior product.

Time to bump this again. Q1 ends in less than two weeks... has anyone heard anything?

I don't want to bash them for taking the time to get things right, but I would REALLY love to at least get some hint of which MONTH these things will start shipping. I can wait another year if need be... just gimme something solid to mark in the calendar. It's the not-knowing that's the worst part.

Time to bump this again. Q1 ends in less than two weeks... has anyone heard anything?

I talked with HCG about the pulse rifles two days ago. It'll be 'a little into the 2nd Quarter before they will be shipping from the factory', which I take to mean at least May before we actually get our hands on them.

The only person I've talked to who's seen the actual prototype/demo said that it's incredible, so I'm still very psyched about this piece. Can't wait, actually!

Thanks for the info. While I'd just dying to get my hands on it, my wallet just breathed a huge sigh of relief. :lol

Hmm.... the Weta D9 rifles will be shipping in June... maybe PR in May... it's gonna be one gun-crazy spring/summer!

I managed to snag a couple of the OD Green units due to cancallations and look forward to the day they are available. I also opted to pay for them in one go which I thinks is the best option if you can afford it - that way you haven't laid out your cash until they are ready to ship.

You might want to check your sources. For starters there is only ONE demo rifle and I know exactly where it is. Which leads me to believe that this "someone with a demo unit" that you have spoken to is taking liberties with the truth.

I'm terribly sorry you felt the need to pull your order, but if you did so based on the issues you described above then you did so based on bad Intel.

I realize your tone is influenced by the frustration you feel given the circumstances, but do take care who you call a clown around here, lest someone might get the impression you prefer name calling over intelligent discourse.

M

Well said, Matt. Based on the feed that I am getting on this end, there are going to be a few people that will regret backing out on this deal. ...and my heart will not go out to them.

So. I'm thinking about selling my (one and only) Vader helmet to be able to pre-order this PR from a french shop.

I'm still on the fence though.

EDIT : Reading the whole thread again from the top has helped a lot. But i'm still really uncertain.

Last edited:
Okay update time Guys!

Here are the first shrouds from the molds - yes aluminum!

To answer a few posts I have seen;

1. I have the only proto. Anyone who says they have seen one & it is "falling to pieces" is, should we say "misinformed".

2. Delays have been due to the length of time taken to get the molds for the shrouds right. Not due to QC issues, rejecting molds, Alien abductions etc..

3. We are looking at having these ready to ship in approx 3 months from now. I know it is much later than advertised, but that is a result of attempting something never done before. Fiberglass shrouds could have been produced 6 months ago.....but we want aluminum, right?

That's about all for now.

Mark

They look superb!

Have you got a photo of the inside? Just want to see how much room there is.

Very nice indeed. I see all the plates etc are also molded in.

Lewis

That is freakin' BEAUTIFUL.

Mark... thank you very much for giving us an update. It is so very appreciated. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that we don't mind the wait as long as we get some info on what is happening. The "not knowing when" part is the worst. Tell me I have to wait a year and I can do it... just give me something firm to circle in my calendar.:)

So. I'm thinking about selling my (one and only) Vader helmet to be able to pre-order this PR from a french shop.

I'm still on the fence though.

EDIT : Reading the whole thread again from the top has helped a lot. But i'm still really uncertain.

Vader helmets come and and go and are a plenty. I doubt will get a product like this ever again for a price this good.

Metal shrouds, man!

Thanks ! And I hear you, Vader helmets do come and go, especially the one I have.

On the other hand, i'm really drooling over the lifesize MG Alien statue (pun not intended). I'm gonna start saving right away and pass on the PR.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back