Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

The stock is weird as hell.

It almost makes me think that when retracted the stock is supposed to slide over the rear grip, with the lower extrusions running parallel to the parts that connect the grip to the mag.

But the piston inside it seems to go against that idea.

I don't think it would make much sense in modifying a real M12S since the only thing that would be of use is the grip and trigger housing (Unless there is an airsoft version out there). I'm thinking that they modified a 3D model of the thing.

TazMan2000
Yes, to be clear, I (Jonathan Ferguson) did say it was a replica that was the base 'gun' :)

Stating the obvious possibly here, but the M203 grip is, I think, just a grip - the underbarrel unit has to be a flashlight surely. There seems to be a black angled tubular attachment for the cable that we see in the trailer but not on the prop pictured here. Although I have no idea where that cable would run to - doesn't really make sense for a pressure switch. The yellow button behind the 203 grip might be for detaching the grip unit to replace the battery?

Last edited:
dproc: it just looks like the starter sidearm from every shooter game of the last 10 years.

"What I'd give for one more mission with that sh*tty old rifle." ~Zaeed Massani- Mass Effect 2.
He's the guy that beats the whole game with the starter rifle.

Ran across this beautiful rendering here:

1712729601551.png

The ArtStation Link Roy posted has a bunch of images from all around. The artist states that he made up the details based on the sketchy trailer images though so its not necessarily accurate but a good guess. Still an awesome render! The cable I think is a good old fashioned Star Trek GNDN cable. ;)

Last edited:
Beautiful work !
Nice guess on the stock, but...hinges ?
I bet the real one will be way simplier.
I love the "unusable picatiny rail" on the top :lol:
Really, full of nice ideas.

I'm making progress on mine, and first printed parts are on their ways !

Beautiful work !
Nice guess on the stock, but...hinges ?
I bet the real one will be way simplier.
I love the "unusable picatiny rail" on the top :lol:
Really, full of nice ideas.

I'm making progress on mine, and first printed parts are on their ways !
I like yours much better.

There are a number of questions on practicality that the movie pictures of the weapon bring up. Hopefully when the movie is released, you can modify some parts.

The hinge (hinges) on the stock could mean that there is a compartment there holding an accessory or cleaning kit. I like the idea of a piston for the buttock, but to me, the hinge on the piston suggests that the stock is foldable. The wire crossing over the weapon seems a little odd. You'd think in the future that they would have invented battery power for whatever attachment, such as a laser or flashlight, put onto a weapon, so, to me, the wire is a modification of some sort.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back