Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

FPLeatherCo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Looks like there's a pulse rifle (carbine?) or something similar in the new Alien Romulus movie. The carrying handle looks more like a FAMAS than the Aliens pulse rifle. Definitely gonna keep an eye on this one.

Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 2.27.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 2.29.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 2.29.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-21 at 2.28.31 PM.png

Looks like all us Pulse Rifle fanatics will be adding a new pulse weapon of some sort to our collections soon.

It looks like a magazine fed pump shotgun to me in a dirty gray or white shroud. Though it does have a charging handle, so who knows what they've cooked up there.

It's my understanding that WETA built these.

Im going to be that guy and say it looks like a roughly painted Nerf gun. The grip joined to the magazine, the thick trigger guard, all the parts filled in and no thin metal parts. Even the thompson clip above the trigger looks moulded and not a part. Is this the actual prop? I guess it will look fine in the movie but its nothing of the likes of the original Pulse Rifle. I dont mind the design, the actual prop just looks extremely cheap. At least it will be easy to 3d print and doesnt need a special paint. Undercoat grey and a black wash. Appreciate WETA making an easy prop to replicate I guess!

Im going to be that guy and say it looks like a roughly painted Nerf gun. The grip joined to the magazine, the thick trigger guard, all the parts filled in and no thin metal parts. Even the thompson clip above the trigger looks moulded and not a part. Is this the actual prop? I guess it will look fine in the movie but its nothing of the likes of the original Pulse Rifle. I dont mind the design, the actual prop just looks extremely cheap. At least it will be easy to 3d print and doesnt need a special paint. Undercoat grey and a black wash. Appreciate WETA making an easy prop to replicate I guess!
The reason that it looks cast, might be because it's a stunt, not the hero. Note the counter display is painted white, which could be another sign of that.

The realist in me wonders what the purpose of the separated top rails with an interior lip would be in a firearm (especially a military one). Seems like a great place for dirt, mud, and general grime to accumulate and cause problems.

Joatrash has a good point. The trailer version has a working counter and seems much more detailed. Hopefully see a hero version photo some time?

In the pic posted you can also see some kind of tubing going from the front, attached to the side and going up toward the handle. + working counter barely visible:unsure:

Could be a Kriss Vector with custom shrouds, grips, and stock. If not, its definitely inspired by one. My guess is the gunfire will be vfx instead of blank rounds as the shrouds would cover the ejection port on the Vector.

Attachments

• Vector_comparison.jpg
    Vector_comparison.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
I'll wager a hap'ney bun to a pound of dried bananas that this is a stunt made from a plastic toy and some vac formed shrouds and is only a bit close to the original. Which is likely something different underneath entirely. The trailer one looks quite a bit different after a lot of study.
On this one, the trigger looks like a toy, There is a button on the grip like a Nerf motor button and the business end has a moulded piece with screw holes like on a toy and a shape thats moulded. So pretty convinced this is only 'similar' to the actual model. Just my thoughts!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 76
Just my two-cents after seeing the pics of the prop. Given that the overall shape of the lower receiver (or at least the back/exposed part of it), the trigger controls, the mag release (specifically the bit protruding through the trigger-guard), and the bolt/charging handle, are all remnants of the Thompson M1A1, I suspect they probably stuck with that as their base gun and just built around it.

On this one, the trigger looks like a toy, There is a button on the grip like a Nerf motor button and the business end has a moulded piece with screw holes like on a toy and a shape thats moulded.
Makes me suspect they used the airsoft version of the Beretta Model 12 [googled - S&T M12, if you're interested], and that this is a possibly a stunt variant.

Have to agree! Nicely spotted! With new modified grips and a Thompson clip stuck on to give OG vibes. Will wait anxiously for Mr S. to do a show and tell of all the Romulus props. I'm sure it's on the to do list!

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 125
I like it, I really like the kriss vector part. if this movie is suppose to take place between alien and aliens (57 year gap) then there should be ton's of tech nod's. I really hope this movie is good, PREY restored my faith in predator movie's.... :cool:

Yet another movie about a bunch of people getting eaten on a spaceship.

The gun looks about as original as that concept.

Here’s what made the original Aliens 1986 props good: the Vietnam war analogy.

Military carbine 1969: M16A1
Military carbine 2179: M41A Pulse Rifle

The carbine is a very futuristic looking M16 with a very distinctive sound.

Military GPMG 1969: M60
Military GMPG 2179: M56 Smartgun

The M56 is a very futuristic self aiming general purpose machine gun, that looks even more berserk and heavy duty than the M60 does as it’s attached to a harness.

Aliens 1986 extrapolated what we had into the future in interesting ways.

This new Romulus prop just looks like any other plastic Nerf gun.

It could have been designed completely in 3D based on several parts and designs. Mind you the buttstock looks a bit too complicated. That may be store bought.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back