Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

Thanks so much for the photo update, Mark. These look amazing!

Nice shrouds. Any chance of you offering just shroud sets for us do it yourselfers?

It has been stated, early on, that you get the shrouds with the PR. What you do with it then, is up to you. To be quite honest, the purchase is still completely worth it. ;)

Awesome! Glad to see a shot of the shrouds! Answers a lot of my concerns and I am now glad that I waited and didn't cancel the order! Looking forward to this!

What is going to be funny to see is the market get FLOODED with HCG Pulse Rifle guts with vacced or fiberglass shrouds as people rip off the aluminum shrouds to put on their own pulse rifles!

Awesome! Glad to see a shot of the shrouds! Answers a lot of my concerns and I am now glad that I waited and didn't cancel the order! Looking forward to this!

What is going to be funny to see is the market get FLOODED with HCG Pulse Rifle guts with vacced or fiberglass shrouds as people rip off the aluminum shrouds to put on their own pulse rifles!

So true Art :lol

Anyway, HCG could make quite an amount of money if they decide to offer the shrouds separately.
The molds are done, riiiight !? :love

Markus

I always thought the ribbed button detail on the bottom of the shroud where the magazine clip slides into was created by the clip base, and wasn't part of the shroud?
( not trying to be argumentative though)

Those look to me like one piece castings, so the shrouds won't split in half - making buying them to add to a custom build of dubious value.

CC - If you watch the scene where Hicks demos the PR to Ripley you see that the ribbed button details are part of the shroud not the mag.

SAS

Those look to me like one piece castings, so the shrouds won't split in half - making buying them to add to a custom build of dubious value.

CC - If you watch the scene where Hicks demos the PR to Ripley you see that the ribbed button details are part of the shroud not the mag.

SAS

Ah!
I had a mag clip bottom as a source of reference for my build, and it used the 'detail' as a clip to hold the mag in place on the casing.....

Surely these would need to come apart to get the internals in? Though i suppose it would be possible to slide in parts from each end.

Also noticed on the top left shroud the window for the counter, again putting electronics in might require the halves to be separated.

I cant tell whether the top screws which hold the shrouds together, are already molded in or not. If molded in then this would suggest the shrouds arent coming apart.

lewis

The seams are probably from the molding process, the piece in the carry handle space is likely sprue to aid metal flow within the mold. Further to that, note that it crosses from one 'half' to the other, backing up my one piece hypothesis.
I'd wager that these will be solidly screwed/glued together making disassembly difficult if not impossible.

All that said, kudos to HCG for doing what was once thought to not be commercially viable in a low production prop run.

SAS

Can anyone tell me just how hard it would be to build a Pulse Rifle as per the original screen props? I read somewhere that it actually incorporates parts from three different weapons but I'm not sure exactly which ones.

Can anyone tell me just how hard it would be to build a Pulse Rifle as per the original screen props? I read somewhere that it actually incorporates parts from three different weapons but I'm not sure exactly which ones.

If you do a search on this forum, and Aliens Legacy, and google you will find a tonne of information about what a pulse rifle was made from.
Its not that hard a task to build one using airsoft, cap, or even real de-activated weapons. Though it can be quite expensive.

Alot of people here have metal pulse rifles they have made, and are wanting the metal shrouds of these HGC PRs to 'complete' their weapons.

The real prop pulse rifle was made from a Thompson machine gun (main body), a cut down remington shotgun (inside of grenade launcher), and a SPAS 12 cage and pump grip (the externals of the grenade launcher).

Hope that helps a little. Suggest you do some reading if you want to go this route.

lewis

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

Surprisingly heavy and substantial for vaporware... Who'd have thought...:)

M

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back