Alien Romulus Pulse Rifle?

IMG_20240412_182309.jpg
That vent/mesh panel sooo looks like a call-back to the Nostromo tracker. Initially, I thought it was a raised piece [/stuck on], but having looked closer at the pub shots, I agree with the way you've handled it here. Very cool.

As an aside, any chance you'd consider isolating that vent as a separate printable piece, as a base from the tracker part? Assuming you publish your model at some point.

Last edited:
This is a personal opinion on why I believe the Aliens 1986 Pulse Rifle is so iconic to this day. Being a designer I'm familiar with the golden ratio (1.618, or approximately 60 percent). A lot of the, angles and ratios in the original pulse rifle are in a golden ratio. In fact, almost everything on the rifle is in a 2/3rds ratio, not precisely, but generally. Also, the design doesn't have any "greeblies" or details added with no obvious funtion. Even the pyramid shaped "tab" forward and above the digital counter for example is a metal tab to hold the shroud together, same as the one forward of the stock.

Thought like minded designers might find this interesting.

xD5jfka.jpg

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
As an aside, any chance you'd consider isolating that vent as a separate printable piece, as a base from the tracker part? Assuming you publish your model at some point.
I don't know, but I would love to work on a 3D model of the Nostromo motion tracker, if it hasn't been made yet !

Anyway, I'm still waiting for a good view of the buttstock !
+ I'll make room for a flashlight
+ I'll check on that 60° ratio
+ crossing my fingers for the movie to be good... (not destroying an entire franchise like the last ghostbusters.... :eek: )

Looking good!

Looking at the renders, I think more and more that it looks like it should be an SMG from the Aliens universe instead of a replacement for the classic pulse rifle.

The undermount torch kinda makes me think of the guns from Alien Resurrection. Though I have a soft spot for that film and some of those props, it's probably not what they want to be evoking.

We are probably not comparing apples with apples either. This is likely not a Colonial Marine weapon. Being white and all. Looks more like something being from a "In case of xenomorphs, break glass" type of thing in a civilian ship. From it being red and white and looking flat. Like a survival kit weapon. not chunky and with a grenade launcher like a pulse rifle.

They forgot to paint the inside of the barrel and its still NERF orange. Just kidding. But not really because it looks even more like a painted NERF gun with shrouds glued on in this picture. At least orange barrels will be cannon if you take one to a con! (Its probably a staged photo without effects etc but its funny)

They forgot to paint the inside of the barrel and its still NERF orange. Just kidding. But not really because it looks even more like a painted NERF gun with shrouds glued on in this picture. At least orange barrels will be cannon if you take one to a con! (Its probably a staged photo without effects etc but its funny)
Given that there appears to be a red reflection in the flashlight lens below it it I would say its either a led in the barrel that vfx uses to sync the 'firing' in post production or that theres a red light on set in front of them that is reflecting in both. Probably the latter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back