Between The Mandalorian and this final season of Clone Wars, Disney really owes Dave Filoni big time. Star Wars is in desperate need of some wins and Filoni delivered where KK, JJ, and Iger did not.

Let's put this another way... I would advocate Filoni taking over KK's office if it weren't such a waste of a good Writer/Director.

I'd keep Filoni in animation. His episodes of The Mandalorian were the weakest.

Maybe this has been discussed or I'm forgetting but do we know what happened to Luke's green lightsaber? The last time we saw it was when he was standing over Ben Solo, I think.

As a live action director I don’t disagree. But I thought Howard’s episode was the weaker in direction over Filoni.

Filoni is a great creative writer, producer and show-runner however. His involvement in the Larger SW universe is key to its future success.

I really hope to see Deborah Chow do more Star Wars.

Need to vent!

Why oh why did the crew of the 2004 release of Empire had to replace Luke's activation sound with his ROTJ one at the start of the duel? WHY.

And WHY do sound fonts based on the ESB Graflex use it as the main activation sound?

Watch any version of ESB prior to 2004 and it's the 2 step activation sound.

Rant over.

Need to vent!

Why oh why did the crew of the 2004 release of Empire had to replace Luke's activation sound with his ROTJ one at the start of the duel? WHY.

And WHY do sound fonts based on the ESB Graflex use it as the main activation sound?

Rant over.

Wow, I've never noticed that before.

Need to vent!

Rant over.
For the same stupid reason they changed Boba’s Voice to Jango’s, along with any other changes from 04 and on. Lucas has devolved into an unimaginative spatula who cant help but tinker things into oblivion

e8d.jpg

Last edited:
I always figured they could have kept the original voice

Fett had a voiced changer in his helmet

They never had to change his voice

I’m not a huge fett fan, but I think it’s so disrespectful to erase a actor like they did.

Not everything in Star Wars need to be explained or course corrected

Hell look at palpatine lol

I always figured they could have kept the original voice

Fett had a voiced changer in his helmet

They never had to change his voice

I’m not a huge fett fan, but I think it’s so disrespectful to erase a actor like they did.

Not everything in Star Wars need to be explained or course corrected

Hell look at palpatine lol
Totally agree.

Why do we agree so often? Are you my twin brother?

For the same stupid reason they changed Boba’s Voice to Jango’s, along with any other changes from 04 and on. Lucas has devolved into an unimaginative spatula who cant help but tinker things into oblivion

View attachment 1249833

Karen Travis did a good job of explaining clones having different accents in the Republic Commando novels. She said they picked up different accents by who their training sergeants were and where they deployed. So it would make sense if Boba sounded different. Heck go listen to Mel Gibson's accent in the original Mad Max and then listen to him in a more recent movie. His accent is different.

Karen Travis did a good job of explaining clones having different accents in the Republic Commando novels. She said they picked up different accents by who their training sergeants were and where they deployed. So it would make sense if Boba sounded different. Heck go listen to Mel Gibson's accent in the original Mad Max and then listen to him in a more recent movie. His accent is different.

Exactly!
I mean hell, Boba coulda been a smoker for all we know, or was shot in the neck at some point. Literally dozens of potential explanations that add mystery and depth to the character. Now he might as well be rubber stamped Jango

Honestly my other huge issue with it is the piss poor job Temuera did phoning the redub in subtly alters the interaction between Vader and Boba, which also damages Boba’s character a little.

Jason Wingreens original Boba voice is far more combative in tone when talking with Vader, something we don’t see any other character do on screen and get away with it.
Temura’s redub by comparison sounds more like a clone trooper, sounding very obedient, or even slightly panicky at times

It’s subtle, but for me it really damages the fine character interaction between Vader and Boba, because with the more combative tone in addition to Vader being as unbelievably dangerous as he is seen to be on screen throughout the film, if Vader of all people is putting up with Boba effectively talking back to him without any repercussions then how goddamn dangerous does that Boba guy have to be?
It’s subtle stuff our brains pick up without us even really realizing it, and it’s wonderful secondary character writing without needing that character to be doing some stupid flashy garbage flying all over the place shooting crap. That’s why Boba was so popular for so many years among fans. Its not just the cool beat up armor.
Also it's crappy af to effectively remove Wingreens credit to the character after him being them for 24 damn years

I truly don't think Lucas was anywhere near as involved with ESB as he’s generally given credit for. It just doesn’t make any sense to me when comparing this to his PT films and his alterations to the OT... Its just way too intelligent for him sad to say... Empire Strikes Back really is a near perfectly made film. There is soooooo much subtle character writing to the point that near everything is accounted for if you pay attention. It’s amazing what a film can be if you allow many creative minds to come together and create something beautiful and timeless like it is.

Last edited:
Maybe this has been discussed or I'm forgetting but do we know what happened to Luke's green lightsaber? The last time we saw it was when he was standing over Ben Solo, I think.

It was left on Ach-to after Luke died, according to the TLJ novel. No other info on its location have popped up since that book

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back