Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

I have the 1/15 stug and Hummel for the week. If anyone needs castings let me know what you need.

Simon I really need to take a look, I think. Can bring a laptop loaded with ref pics if there's any time it is convenient for ya? OTOH I don't mind tracking down a Hummel and StuG myself, would take the pressure off.

Hey, Black Pig, that ammo container you posted, is that 1/30? Seems a bit big for 1/35???

Also, update of previous find image with the sprue stub pointed out, and bonus CB750 find. :)

Also also, update of Rod's Panther part question image with another part - Rod you labeled this King Tiger I think in your outer mandible maps, but it's again available via the 1/24 Panther, making both parts Panther here.

The glacis plate MG mount to the left in the second image is KT/Panther too I should mention, bit obvious I guess!

I need that part for the TL.....x4 I think. Get cracking mate , pour some rubber on it. Oh and the engine deck .... And the hatch assembly.

Thanks. One set of everything would be fine. I don't mind doing the odd second gen casting for multiples.

One of the resins I've used (Easyflo 60) was very flexible and a thin section in that should flex around a 6 " cylinder. Not sure what equivalent resins you have abroad.

Nick

Nick, absolutely, unless anyone beats me to it. I have a couple more parts to pin down before I start anything but you need two Panthers anyway - I don't really fancy buying another one. Hmmm, can I cast fender strips flexible enough to bend around the cockpit tube? We'll see!!

Ozzy, the tank-like Panther parts are storage containers, not fuel tanks, if I remember my armour lore - or have I got that reversed? Anyway, we're talking those trapezoidal boxes from the rear plate with the large X reinforcement stamped into them, and the shield pieces from one of the small FlaKs.

I need that part for the TL.....x4 I think. Get cracking mate , pour some rubber on it. Oh and the engine deck .... And the hatch assembly.

Simon, are you talking about the part in the last pic ? (the square thing with a circle on it) If so it's from the 1/48 Panther, but yeah all the other parts you mentioned are from the 1/24 Panther.

Thanks julien , just checked so that's 3? Doners from that kit.. Oh and thanks for the pix. Will be intouch soon.

Thanks julien , just checked so that's 3? Doners from that kit.. Oh and thanks for the pix. Will be intouch soon.

Oops my bad I wasnt talking about the same part, you were talking about the kind of radiator grill ? Yeah it's from the 1/24 and it looks that 3 are used, I just have the blueray ref pics on this computer so I cant check more precisely ! I'll let you know tomorrow what I have :))

Cool Martyn, I´ve been working on a picture map of that area but I have not got the 1/24 Panther nor the CB750 or M23. The scans on the parts you see in the picture map are courtesy of my friend Black Pig! Thanks mate!(y))
The panther part would be of great help to accurately place all parts at the right distance, as always, this map would be available for all of the Falcon Brotherhood mates in High Reso.
Martyn, I am getting the LaFrance this week so I can make the spru scan, could you scan the Panther bits?:)

The kit part I asked earlier on the 8Rad-Kettenkrad section of the middle mandible is the one highlighted on the pic below, anyone knows where it comes from?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bests:
Rod

I agree Julien, it looks like it is the square, recessed detail on the upper hull, inboard of the cockpit - yes?

Simon I am finding a lot of the parts in the 1/48 and 1/24 Bandai stuff are the same! These were nice kits with a lot of interior detail for the time. Incredible they haven't been repopped more. C'mon Bandai, let go of the little red white and blue robots for just a while...

Incidentally these parts are Tyrrell Ford Elf (Edit: apologies to, I think it was Black Pig who ID'd the suspension part earlier in the thread. I think there was still a question over the exact ID on the oil cooler though...right?)

And a correction for an earlier Panther parts pic; forgot to exclude the part on top.

Last edited:

Any chance of the cylinder in the pic Martyn just posted. Its the stocky cylinder with the little blip sticking out the side, just above the word 'Tyrell' I'm not at home so can't do a proper annotated pic. I believe this has been ID'd as being from the 1/15 Stug?

Cheers
Nick

I have the 1/15 stug and Hummel for the week. If anyone needs castings let me know what you need.

Yeah, a trimmed StuG part IIRC...

Edit - sorry Rod, didn't post that scan yet did I? Here it is. I'm sure you'll be able to do far better though, this is pasted together.

Will be happy to scan the Panther parts but I have to get some sack time now. I was going to pour rubber tonight (as Simon mentions) but I just got too tied up in trying to track down more parts, sorry Simon! Also had seven new kits arrive, so had a bit of a hunt through them as well. Found one or two other bits...

Last edited:

...like this, though I guess it is pretty well-known.

Right, hitting the sack...night all!

Rod, sorry, which Panther bit do you want scanned mate? The large vertical ribbed panel?

Also, don't have any better pics of that item in the 232 chassis do you?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back