L.A. Noire Video Game

Plus they'll probably release more DLC cases for it.

Loved getting the three that have already been added, and there's a fourth coming this Tuesday (Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case) and one still coming later (Reefer Madness Vice Case.)

I just finished this in story mode as well, and have to say it was a great experience.
Need to go through and get 5 stars on all the cases, finish out the side missions, and look for all the extras. I have to agree finding all the cars is going to be a *****, since most of them look so much alike.
Mike

Loved getting the three that have already been added, and there's a fourth coming this Tuesday (Nicholson Electroplating Arson Case) and one still coming later (Reefer Madness Vice Case.)

I had to laugh at the names since Jack Nicholson was in that movie as a Private eye in the 30s and Reefer Madness was a movie shown about the evils of weed back in this era.

I just finished this in story mode as well, and have to say it was a great experience.
Need to go through and get 5 stars on all the cases, finish out the side missions, and look for all the extras. I have to agree finding all the cars is going to be a *****, since most of them look so much alike.
Mike

Yeh. I need about 4 or 5 of the cars but I don't see how i'm ever going to find them.

I finished the story as well and really enjoyed it, still need to finish it on 5 stars as well though.

I enjoyed it too. I just traded it in for some old ps1 games with amazon. Sadly if there is a sequel or spin off Rockstar won't be making it, last i heard they and the company who made the game weren't getting along.

My buddy got it for me for my birthday and my other buddy got my a points card so I bought all the extra missions. I really enjoyed this game. If they could make GTA llike this.....holy crap.

I really forgot it was a game at times, it looked so real and felt like a movie. I loved all the old cars and the trip to the Spruce Goose too.

I already sold my copy, I couldn't justify paying $65 just to dish out even more money for shorter cases. Was a great game though without a doubt.

No big deal or anything but I was an actor in this game. Perhaps you kicked my ass..
LANoire_wendell_bowers.jpg

Dude, that is awesome. I did, indeed, kick your ass.
What was it like working with the facial performance capture tech?
You get any cool swag from the game?

Thanks for sharing.

Dude, that is awesome. I did, indeed, kick your ass.
What was it like working with the facial performance capture tech?
You get any cool swag from the game?

Thanks for sharing.

They referred to the facial performance capture as "depth analysis" and as an actor it was only a little odd. We had to sit perfectly still and return to a "neutral" pose before and after delivering each line. Meanwhile the director was in another room watching my instantly digitized performance and giving direction through a speaker. Originally I was a suspect in a second case but I don't know if it was included in the final version of the game seeing as how players can choose to kill me rather than arrest me in the first case.

Unfortunately no swag

I haven't played Red Dead Redemption, so I don't know if they've progressed, but I will admit that the lure of 1940s L.A. is strong, and the cast and apparent attention to creating a real noire feel is very very tempting. I'm just gunshy from GTA4 (especially after all the ridiculous hype it received...).

Being a zombie fan, I started playing "Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare" for the PS3. It did not require my owning the original Red Dead Redemption, which was a huge plus.

I'm normally a mouse-and-keyboard person, but I found the controls reasonably intuitive and really enjoyed it. The graphics were not extremely highly detailed but if you blurred your eyes and focused solely on the lighting, the landscapes were incredible. When the sun sank beneath the evening clouds, it bathed not only the countryside with orange light, even my horse popped against the grey clouds.

It prompted me to buy the regular Red Read Redemption, and loved it. I craved more.

So I bought GTA4, and it absolutely sucked. The controls were oversensitive even with compensation. Running through the streets gave me severe motion sickness. And when on a motorcycle, turning at street intersections was really hit or miss.

I think the only claim to fame for GTA was that "Hot Coffee" mod, but the girls in GTA IV don't appear to be any breakthrough in graphics to merit that level of excitement, unless you're significantly underage.

I've written off GTA as a waste of time and seriously doubt I'll ever get into it.

(I've bought Borderlands; it's somewhat better, but nowhere near as nice as Call of Duty).

To close, Red Dead Redemption (and Undead Nightmare) handled large landscapes far better than GTA. Controls were a lot smoother and the gameplay much more enjoyable.

They referred to the facial performance capture as "depth analysis" and as an actor it was only a little odd. We had to sit perfectly still and return to a "neutral" pose before and after delivering each line. Meanwhile the director was in another room watching my instantly digitized performance and giving direction through a speaker. Originally I was a suspect in a second case but I don't know if it was included in the final version of the game seeing as how players can choose to kill me rather than arrest me in the first case.

Unfortunately no swag

Getting shot on screen even as a game version of yourself really has to be surreal.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back