L.A. Noire Video Game

I found out today LA Noire is gonna be 3 discs long on the 360, with DLC. 1 BluRay on the PS3 but you'll get DLC maybe 4 months from now when PSN is back.

Heh... PSN is back... hobbling still, but it's back. And my copy comes in tomorrow. w00t!. Now I just need to get my consoles back out of the boxes. I hate moving.

Even more dialogue and cut scenes than "Red Dead", not much free-roam between missions, and no multiplayer. I definitely won't be paying full price for it.

Actually, that sounds pretty good to me. More time to focus on the gameplay itself and the story, instead of pointless crap like taking your fat annoying cousin to stuff his gob with burgers and then playing darts.

Got my gray goose and am playing L.A. Noire indeed :)

I looked at my friends list but couldn't find you, Duderino. I thought you were HEADBUTTABULLET but it says you don't even exist :p lol

Anyway, haven't gotten too far into it but so far I am pretty impressed. The game is simply amazing. Rockstar is known for doing these games so well but I really feel they took this one to the next level.

Facial recognition is awesome. The way you investigate scenes and actually examine objects is incredible. Adds a new depth to the game and makes it seem real. So far I'm saying I would definitely recommend everyone picking this up.....and I have a feeling it will only get better.

I usually feel Gamespot rates games fairly well and I think they are pretty honest...at least for the most part. Here's their review for those interested:YouTube - LA Noire Review (PS3, Xbox 360)

Ok, back to my game....and vodka :angel

watched a friend play thru the first 2-3 hrs of this and pretty impressed. the investigation/interrogation aspect is pretty incredible

Side note: Gamespot does NOT rate games fairly -- or at least not all games. Big hyped up games rarely get poor reviews. Other less well publicized games get fair ones. I prefer Avault, myself, even if they don't do "Day 0 reviews." Actually, I prefer reviews that show up about a month or so after release when the shine is off the nickel and people can evaluate fairly.

I'll give you that. I guess I just already know and take it into account.

Ok just woke up and am going to pop the game in again. The only frustration I had with it was the interrogation. The first one, a lady got mad at me and just wouldn't talk because she didn't like my response.

Second one, it said "1/2 correct" when I got him to answer something. I then tried another question and he wouldn't say another word. I got yelled at to get back in there and get a confession. It kept replaying until I got it "right".....I guess it's good that I got to retry it to get the right response but it does take away some of the realism for me....then again maybe I'm just a bad judge of people telling me the truth/lying to my face. :lol

Still lovin' everything about this game otherwise though! I have to again praise the investigation aspect of it. The controller vibrates if you're around something you can look at so it's not all guess work entirely. But a lot of times there's random articles that mean nothing....but other times there are seemingly random items that mean nothing until you use the left stick to turn them and find something on them. It's cool!

Still highly recommending this game :)

Interesting. Sounds pretty cool, but like I said, I'll wait til the shine wears off before I buy. I know I've had the experience of LOVING a game during the first hour or two of it, and then hating it or thinking "meh" after playing it a bit longer and seeing the warts more clearly.

Interesting. Sounds pretty cool, but like I said, I'll wait til the shine wears off before I buy. I know I've had the experience of LOVING a game during the first hour or two of it, and then hating it or thinking "meh" after playing it a bit longer and seeing the warts more clearly.

I totally understand. Same thing has happened to me with a few women in my life too :lol

I totally understand. Same thing has happened to me with a few women in my life too :lol

Ha! Ditto. But anyway, go enjoy the game. :) I'll wait a bit to hear people's longer-term reactions, but I do find the initial posts interesting here, especially from the stance of game mechanics themselves (IE: that bit about the controller vibrating when you pass what may be a clue).

Also, it helps to play it dressed like this:

242592_10150178554910059_516225058_7315978_5064376_o.jpg

(This is me just before picking up the game at midnight last night.)

^ another example of why we need a like button!

I'm on my way to Gamestop now to pick it up! I'm a Powerup member so they gave me a Piano gun to use in the game, can't wait!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back