TheFlorifant

Hello, all my first post I know. I'm making The rending scissors of the anime Kill la Kill. This is a thread in wich i will describe the process and hopefully add some files, not sure if to sell them yet. Anyway I'm 3dprinting this blade right now, and will post pictures soon

IMG_20190107_174651.jpg
The prints have finished, here they are. I used a differen slicing technic on Nui's blade, it failed, don't cut them like I did. Also I designed two screws to hold them together, still need to fine tune them, but I'm going to be selling that part of the build the rest will be freely available.

Last edited:
So, to put the blades together, i first drilled some holes in the parts, making sure the corresponding sides had holes that corresponded nicely and made the blade nice and flush. Than I filled the holes with Tec 7, this is a base polymer sealant glue thing. I'll link it in my next post. Than I used iron pegs to fill the wholes, these are threaded iron rods that I just got from the home renovation store.
IMG_20190112_163556.jpg
IMG_20190112_163600.jpg
IMG_20190112_164300.jpg

AND VERY IMPORTANT, after glueing the parts (glued them two by two) you lay them on a flat surface with a heavy object on the seam, to make sure the seems will be flush

This is a render I did of the final blade, it would be 1m long, i hope that's one to one scale, i don't actually know how big it is in the anime :c

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
Since i can't post links yet. Go search myminifactory for kill la kill, you'll find my screw and nut. The blades can for now be found on sketchfab, they are called 1/1 scale nui or ryuko blade. For now this file will be free.

Attachments

• JPEG_20190104_184418.jpg
    JPEG_20190104_184418.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
You can get a rough idea of scale by making a rough guess of how tall Ryuko is supposed to be, not the easiest thing I know, but it's something. Alternately, see if there's a scene where she's in the same plane as another object that you know or at least have an average size for and use that for scaling.

Ok, just looked up Ryuko's height and she's supposed to be 5'3". Now it's just a matter of finding a full body shot of her with the scissors to get an idea of how big the scissors should be.

Last edited:
You can get a rough idea of scale by making a rough guess of how tall Ryuko is supposed to, not the easiest thing I know, but it's something. Alternately, see if there's a scene where she's in the same plane as another object that you know or at least have an average size for and use that for scaling.

Ok, just looked Ryuko's height and she's supposed to be 5'3". Now it's just a matter of finding a full body shot of her with the scissors to get an idea of how big the scissors should be.
Did the math, and it should be between 90 cm and 1m so I'm there.

TADAH, glued them both together, nui her blade was a bitch due to my cutting technic, but they fit every part fits. now on to painting

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_092920.jpg
    IMG_20190330_092920.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 209
I'm so jealous of people who know how to 3D print. Or who can. Is it going to have a fold out feature too?

Where's it at now, if you don't mind sharing?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back