JURASSIC WORLD - Claire Dearing Costume Thread

I managed to get my Claire costume to a wearable stage for Halloween and I thought I'd show you guys how it looks like so far :D Thanks for all the helpful information!

Attachments

• IMG_7345.JPG
    IMG_7345.JPG
    581.9 KB · Views: 211
Well I have been meaning to upload my pics from my cities WizardCon. My girlfriend went as Claire, and most people definitely were more impressed with her wearing high heels the whole time. LOL But its just awesome to see so many people excited for this movie! I thought my Costume was second fiddle to hers. So many people coming up asking where she got certain things, other women saying they were going as Claire as halloween. It was awesome!

acuIMG_9167.JPGacuIMG_9168.JPGacuIMG_9075.JPG

In case anyone is still looking for a good bar necklace I thought I'd mention this one that I recently purchased at Kohl's, especially since it's such a good match for the Jennifer Meyer necklace.
claire necklace.jpgIt's sterling silver plated in 24k gold (though the website only says gold-toned sterling), so it's a good option if any of you are like me and have lots of allergies that prevent you from wearing all of the fun costume jewelry. It's definitely a bit pricier than the costume jewelry matches that some of you have found (it's $70), but it is a nice and very sturdy piece for something so delicate. And I believe it also comes in rose gold plated sterling silver, for anyone using rose gold rather than gold jewelry. Kohl's also seems to have pretty frequent sales and special offers, so it might be worth keeping an eye on. I was able to get mine for 30% off. At any rate, keep up the good costuming everyone. :)
I'm currently working on version 2.0 of this costume. Ha-ha!

Is anyone is still looking for a shirt? I found a good copy at Talbots. Just look up long crepe shirt. Great news is that is on sale for $38.59. I would recommend ordering smaller than normal. I wear med most of the time, but I needed a small in this.

Nice find Shea. I'm always looking for suitable backup shirts for this costume, as it's been quite difficult to find blouses that will accommodate my bust. This one looks like it might. I may have to take a trip to my local Talbots and find out. Until then I'll still be wearing the peach skin one I (torturously) replicated. Haha! :)

Target had a great shirt. Pretty much identical to Claire's. Since it was too big, I used it as my "running from dinos" version of Claire. It was by Mossimo. Found it in clearance a few weeks ago.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back