addaboyatt

Hey everyone, figured I’d share some of the work I’ve been doing on my Jumanji Replica from the Noble Collection. The modifications I’ve made so far are a repaint of the brown “wood” areas. I just painted it with Burnt Umber acryllic paint, masked off the center area and gave it a clear coat. I’ve done some very minor black dry brushing to it, but nothing too much. Still debating on what else I’d like to do to those areas. For the face plate I dry brushed the yellow areas with burnt umber to darken them up a bit as they looked too bright yellow for my taste. I used a dark grey dry brush for the center logo to add a more weathered look, as it was too clean originally. The hardest part I’m still dealing with is Van Pelt. I repainted him dark pink, gave him a white beard and added a burnt umber dry brush but it still looks off. Could just be the sculpt but hoping to fix it more. Other than paint I drilled into the sides and added magnets to help keep the board closed as it had a tendency to open up if I put it on for display. I also switched the rules around so they are accurate and glued in the center eye piece.
Other modifications I’d like to add later on are magnets in the corners of the board as well as the tokens so they will connect. One thing I’m trying to figure out is how to make the logo on the front look more rough as it has a very smooth look to it. Someone online described it as looking more like a Jumanji Cake and I’d have to agree. The dry brushing does help a lot, but I can’t help thinking more could done, maybe scuff it up with some sand paper? Maybe even a dremel? I’d likely be nervous latter though haha. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated!
First picture is from not mine, just found on Google as I didn’t take a before photo, but the second photo is my board.

Attachments

• 9B57958E-9492-410E-BA47-913FDAD070EF.jpeg
    9B57958E-9492-410E-BA47-913FDAD070EF.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 477
  • F9AABE6C-0231-494F-A0A9-82B068E3E993.jpeg
    F9AABE6C-0231-494F-A0A9-82B068E3E993.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 817
Me personally, I'd go the sandpaper route first. If that doesn't produce the desired results, then I'd go with the Dremel but starting on low speed for better control and upping the speed depending on the results.

Slight update. Repainted Van Pelt. Mixed some burnt umber with salmon and did some black dry brushing over it. Ran out of white paint so I plan to redo his facial hair later on. Also this is the inside of the board. Did some dry brushing of burnt umber over the yellow areas to make it darker and shaved off the edges of the leaves to give a more weathered look as the screen used board appears to have that in the close up shots. Also sanded down some of the gloss clear coat and I love the effect it had.

Attachments

• C66F26D9-76F2-4ED8-AD12-8ABBDFB55BDE.jpeg
    C66F26D9-76F2-4ED8-AD12-8ABBDFB55BDE.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 313
  • 5FC90BAF-C98F-4D70-937A-F336BF15753E.jpeg
    5FC90BAF-C98F-4D70-937A-F336BF15753E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back