JFcustom's FOAM files

Hey all, I'm kinda new in armour making and all that, I had a go at fiber glass and EVA foam. I'm trying to make Captain Rex thanks to JFcustoms file I'm getting kinda close. Anyway I've been watching Highschool DxD lately and really like the Boosted Gear, I was wondering if anyone has a pdo file for making the boosted gear out of eva cause that would be awesome. I'm not at the point of being able to draw templates myself but I'll get there hopefully. Any help is very appreciated and I look forward to seeing more cool armour.

@MindTwister: aside from this thread,Laellee has started one titled: "What Pepakura File Would You Like..." REDUX where you can post requests for specific .pdo files.
Try the search bar top left of this page while this topic is pending :thumbsup

Last edited:
Hi, I've downloaded the files on the front page of this thread, interested in trying the Space Marine armour. I can't get the files to open, though. What program do I need to view them? Anyone help?

Winzip or winrar to open .RAR bundles (basically a big envelope with files).
Some files open as a page full of gibberish; these files need to be right-clicked and stored,and then opened by pepakura.
Good luck on your space marine build ! Looking forward to your thread

Any chance of making foam files for fallout 3's T45 D power armor? (The one the BOS use). Would foam files be a good place to start for a full metal build?

Any chance of making foam files for fallout 3's T45 D power armor? (The one the BOS use). Would foam files be a good place to start for a full metal build?

If you are planning to use metal then I thi k foam files would be the easiest option, you could try with papdr files but I would imagine the level of detail would make it very hard (not impossible) to build. Search out sandbaggers thread he built an iron man suit from steel you may be able to learn from that.

I have a quick question for anybody/everybody here who has had some experience with foam templates. I'm working on creating my own templates for making the helmet worn by Agent Kallus on Star Wars Rebels, I'm not doing it in 3D but using Illustrator to do it in 2D, essentially creating the template already unfolded. Anyhow, in order to make a dome, can I simply take a circle and cut slices out of it like a pizza, curve them, and glue them together, or do the inner edges need to be curved? Thanks in advance.

I have a quick question for anybody/everybody here who has had some experience with foam templates. I'm working on creating my own templates for making the helmet worn by Agent Kallus on Star Wars Rebels, I'm not doing it in 3D but using Illustrator to do it in 2D, essentially creating the template already unfolded. Anyhow, in order to make a dome, can I simply take a circle and cut slices out of it like a pizza, curve them, and glue them together, or do the inner edges need to be curved? Thanks in advance.

Nope, won't work to just cut pie slices from a circle; you'd end up with just another circle lol. What size dome are you looking for, as in height and diameter?

Nope, won't work to just cut pie slices from a circle; you'd end up with just another circle lol. What size dome are you looking for, as in height and diameter?

Was afraid of that. I don't have the exact dimension on me right now since I'm at work, I think it's roughly 7" diameter by about 6" in height, I'll post exact dimensions once I get home.

Hello! This is my first post here on the forum.
This is my first attempt ever on foam and building something using the files for Iron Man IV, did the helmet last year and shoulders tonight. I really wanna give 100% now
Comic Con is coming the my town during the fall and want it to be done by then hopefully :)

Need to work on gluing and cutting the foam, especially cutting the 45angles to make that curv you need. Maybe I need to take a new blade for it all the time, tips?

And yes, will probably redo them. Mostly a test to see if I can do this :D

IMG_1445.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1448.JPGIMG_1449.JPGIMG_1450.JPG

Hello! This is my first post here on the forum.
This is my first attempt ever on foam and building something using the files for Iron Man IV, did the helmet last year and shoulders tonight. I really wanna give 100% now
Comic Con is coming the my town during the fall and want it to be done by then hopefully :)

Need to work on gluing and cutting the foam, especially cutting the 45angles to make that curv you need. Maybe I need to take a new blade for it all the time, tips?

And yes, will probably redo them. Mostly a test to see if I can do this :D

View attachment 494841View attachment 494842View attachment 494843View attachment 494844View attachment 494845

Yep, that's about right. Looks like the foam work I've done recently. Not as easy as it looks, apparently. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back