JFcustom's FOAM files

Ha okay thanks, yea it's not my choice to be using a Mac, it's a family computer, my PC fried a few months back =/ thanks for your thoughts =P

Njust an isea but you could always pick up a cheap laptop just for pepakura, you could even get a second hand one that will keep you going until you can find a good one.

Ha okay thanks, yea it's not my choice to be using a Mac, it's a family computer, my PC fried a few months back =/ thanks for your thoughts =P

Another option is to download bootcamp. And then register and download the free version of Windows 10 that Microsoft is letting people use. There are a couple of Win 10 to Mac how to guides out there that can help you. Haven't tried it yet, but I've seen it working.

Hi,
sorry but am i doing something wrong im trying to download the star lord helmet but cant seem to get it to work just opens up a new tab with a load of jumbled letters and symbols, i tried a few others and they download fine,
so not sure what im doing wrong :?
thanks

Hi,
sorry but am i doing something wrong im trying to download the star lord helmet but cant seem to get it to work just opens up a new tab with a load of jumbled letters and symbols, i tried a few others and they download fine,
thanks

For the ones that open up the tab with random symbols, Right-click, choose "save link as" and it'll say it's going to save as a text document, but it'll save as a PDO file.

Way back, I posted pics of the Hawkman helmet I made using these fabulous files. Here is my newest one, to which I have added feathers. Tmrw, I will start the bondo-ing process! IMG_2094.JPGIMG_2095.JPGIMG_2096.JPG

Hi, Mclabop, May I ask what material you used for the inner chests and thighs?? Those Tubes. They look awesome.

Hey thanks. They are foam window insulation glued to a lycra body suit. They're the type you'd use to fill large gaps between doors/windows and the studs and then fill the rest with expanding foam/caulk. Got them from Home Depot (couldn't find them at Lowes, but doesn't mean they don't carry it). I think they come in three sizes. I used shoe glue type stuff to put it down but it didn't bond to the lycra very well. Ended up using a glue gun and it worked fine. Covered it all with plastidip.

Check my build log for more info on building the suit. I need to add an undersuit portion. And I will now... ;)

Hi,
thanks

have downloaded every version of every file people tell me to, and still to this day, he only pep files I can get are pdo's. RAR's and zip files never work for me.

Okay, finished the newest Hawkman helmet, with what I feel is a cool art-deco kinda look to them. Whaddaya think?IMG_20150802_145337405.jpgIMG_20150802_145344623.jpgIMG_20150802_145344623.jpg

Thanks, but I've downloaded both of those and no-go. I have seriously given up.

Can you supply an example link of one of the files that's not working for you? I can give it a go and see if I'm catching any problems.

Great Hawkman helm by the way :thumbsup

Can you supply an example link of one of the files that's not working for you? I can give it a go and see if I'm catching any problems.

Great Hawkman helm by the way :thumbsup[/QUOTE
Thanks, Laellee:) And as for examples, it seriously is all of them! Any file that is a RAR, WinZip, WinRAR, pdf-all of them! But one latest is JFCustom's 3PO files. I was able to get them as he put up each individual piece as a pdo, but the final set that was set up as a rar, won't happen. Then, there are other files that come out as "Cannot load tile of specified type". RPF member Dancin' Fool is local for me, and we spent the better part of the day msg'ing back and forth, him giving me suggestions as to what files to download for it to work, and me msg'ing him back to tell them it simply wasn't working. As I say, I have given up. There are some great files on the Pepakura Library on Facebook, and some I just won't ever be able to get, so I will just have to wait to find them as pdo's. I truly appreciate the offer to help, but I think it must be my computer!

Great Hawkman helm by the way :thumbsup[/QUOTE
Thanks, Laellee:) And as for examples, it seriously is all of them! Any file that is a RAR, WinZip, WinRAR, pdf-all of them! But one latest is JFCustom's 3PO files. I was able to get them as he put up each individual piece as a pdo, but the final set that was set up as a rar, won't happen. Then, there are other files that come out as "Cannot load tile of specified type". RPF member Dancin' Fool is local for me, and we spent the better part of the day msg'ing back and forth, him giving me suggestions as to what files to download for it to work, and me msg'ing him back to tell them it simply wasn't working. As I say, I have given up. There are some great files on the Pepakura Library on Facebook, and some I just won't ever be able to get, so I will just have to wait to find them as pdo's. I truly appreciate the offer to help, but I think it must be my computer!

Haha, not what I wanted to hear, but yeah I think you are right, sounds like your hardware That's awesome you've got Dancin' Fool local though, I'm betting he's a heck of a resource for troubleshooting and pep in general. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back