Jedifyfe's HIC build Han in Carbonite for the lay person

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've had the front fiberglass casting for about 4 years and I bought @zenix box kit last year. I figured I needed to build this now or never. I pretty much followed Zenix's instructions and got the box done. I had to rework the fingers and fill soft spots. A ton of work on the hands.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Then I had to figure out the best way to attach the casting. I went ahead and poored wood glue down and the placed the casting on top while screwing it down to the underlying wood panel. That was not smart. The glue under the panel did not dry and I ended up draining about a gallon of wood glue out from underneath Han and letting it dry for a day or two. After that mess, I realized that there were still various pockets of glue that wouldnt dry so I cut sections of the wood glue out and went with bondo. MUCH BETTER!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Cutting the the sections out and hit the edges with the round over bit router.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Added the bondo and waited until it was rock hard. Then sanded it and poored thin layers of wood glue to bring it all together.

image.jpg

After that, I did a light coat of primer. Now I'm working on the box edges and screw holes.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back