Into darkness JJprise

drool... are you using any of the goo to be able to move the sheets around then another goo to set the graphics into place? can not remember what the "goo's" are named.
Just water to place but after i get it in place i do apply a decal set to it, you do have to be very careful in placing them that's why i started the bottom 1st to get use to working with the. I messed up already in a couple places but was able to fix them.

Wow!! This is just awesome. I wanted to do something like this for my grandmother for Xmas this year will be following this thread. Thanx for the inspiration.
Josh

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Been working on the Aztec decals over the last couple days,1st make sure you cut your decals to size and test fit because the nacelles numbers for the decals are not right (left numbers is right side and vise versa) it will also help to place them right. Also be careful with them they can be a little tricky to work with but not to bad. And some good news is that my missing decal sheet is on its way and i should have it in a day or so.

Here's some progress shots to date:

More progress today, Plus my missing 1/2 sheet came in.Decal hint when applying decals slide the big end off 1st to the small end.

Now I'm getting into the meat of decaling this ship, the directions could be a little clearer so make sure you test fit your pieces before you put them in water some pieces are better cut in half much easier to put on that way. Liking the blue accents on this to.

Some progress shots:

Small update, And a Don"t- Do not let tape hit a decaled piece ...I did and it pulled the decal off in a spot and i had to fix it, its OK but not happy (not pictured here)

Small update: Started doing the detail decals on the fins , the middle shot is of the area that i had to fix when the tape took off the decal a bit... and some preshading.

Looks much more gooder with the Aztec decals, Keith! Not that it looked bad before, just better now. It just looked weird w/o them, for some reason. I really like how the shuttlebay turned out, as well.

Got the nacelles pretty close to being all decaled also a little on the saucer. Might try and tone down some of the decals.

Need stock decal sheet that came with model for into darkness enterprise. Had a problem you you have one and want to part with it let me know.

Thanks Keith.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back