Into darkness JJprise

Finished the detail painting around the bridge section. Don't know what else i would need to do until I get the Aztec decals to see what i have so these will be the last pictures for a while until the decals are released, so this is now on a holding pattern until they come out.

Lit shots:

So why I'm waiting for the decals to be released I decided to go back and see if i could add the lights to the rear of the ship around the shuttle bay. I had them there and wasn't happy with them and had a problem with getting them to fit like i had hoped, so i scraped them. And its bothered me ever since. With a little coxing I was able to do it after the fact and am happy with the out come and how they look this time.

Here's a few shots of it.....

so, umm... how do you keep this thing from flying away? can not wait to get this kit, i am liking this enterprise more and more

Here's a preview of the Acreation decals! Excellent build BTW!

Rich acreation 009.JPGacreation 008.JPGacreation 007.JPGacreation 006.JPGacreation 005.JPGacreation 004.JPGacreation 003.JPG

1701 013.jpg1701 014.jpg1701 015.jpg1701 016.jpg1701 017.jpg

I used Acreaction for my last refit 1/350. I liked them, but be careful as they are REALLY thin and can break or warp easy. I am using Aztec Dummy vinyl masks for my NX-01. Im not hating on Acreation, they created a beautiful effect on my refit, I just want to try to get away from decals on my next build. Beautiful ship BTW. you do amazing work. I attached some pics of my refit using Acreation aztecing.

The decals are due in within the next few days and i was able to see what the decal sheets look like and noticed that i needed to due a little more accent painting before i can apply the decals so i was able to get that done. I used blue seeing that that is the accent color decals i chose. Cant wait to get them started!

I love your detail work. Very clean and not "too busy" makes the ship look even bigger. The aztecs are going to really make this ship glow.

Decals came in today will be putting them on soon, Looks like i am missing a decal sheet though for one of the nacelle covers sent a email to rob to get it.
Here's some shots of them,

Hold the front page!!!!

The decal sheet is NOT missing, it was simply snug behind the Acreation Models Label!!!! It's a small sheet the same size as the label, that's why i never noticed it! Check your decal set and packaging to make sure it isn't stuck behind the label! :)

Rich

drool... are you using any of the goo to be able to move the sheets around then another goo to set the graphics into place? can not remember what the "goo's" are named.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back