Into darkness JJprise

Update: Got all the leds mounted fiber run and glued on the outer case of the nacelle on now one side is assembled, like how it came out but i might reinforce to joint with some 5 min epoxy for some added strength. Looks good lite to.

Got the other side leds and fiber run and 1/2 side on now the ship is basically in one piece. The biggest issue so far is the nacelles being glued to the ship giving me fits and not wanting to work like they should but i got it all done after taking a break and wanting to though it across the room.:mad:

Well had a small set back had to redue the last nacelle it did not glue right ,just fixed it all set now on tho seam fill and clean up. Really need PNT to release his decal set to go much farther. Here's some lite up shots of the ship can get a nice overall shot of the lighting now after looking at it I wish i put more lighting in the saucer section to late to do any thing with that now.

Got all the seams done and painted and the FO in place and done. Biggest issue that i can see so far is that the nacelles did not dry straight up and down like i hope at least they are off in the same direction, not doing any more on them they have been a BITCH!
Really could use PNT to release its Aztec decals for this real soon almost at that point ,this thread may go down for a bit until they come out if they dont come out soon. At any point here's some progress shots ,Ill see if i can get some lit up shots in a day or so.

I want one of those so bad! Beautiful job. That model looks better than the 3D one in the movie! Or maybe it's just the awesome job you're doing on it!

Well since i have time waiting for the decals to be released I decided to fix the nacelles and straighten them out, much better now and stronger to.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Hi I had time to shoot a quick video today of the lights on the ship now that it is in one piece. Remember it is not done yet this is just to get the effect of the lighting on it and the spinners in the buzzards. I am waiting on the Aztec decaling at this point to be able to finished it off .

lighted jjprise - YouTube

Wow, that model is real nice! I especially love the little things, like the flashing strobes. They really make it feel real. Great work!

- Master Tej -

Found out the stock stand is just not going to cut it so I'm modifying it to the original base that it comes with. 1st i had to stiffen up the base ,I'm using a threaded rod and a piece of PVC pipe to cover the rod and run the light wires in. I had to repaint the base after i added the stiffener to it. I was also able to split the main hull so i could epoxy the rod in everything work out well so far. I wont be able to do a final assembly on the base until i can decal it, hopefully that wont be to long waiting on the Aztec decals to be released.

Finished the stand,although final assembly of it wont be until the model is done. I also added two more FO lights at the end of the nacelles as markers. Next is some paint work around the bridge area than its pretty much on hold till i get the Aztec decals.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back