Into darkness JJprise

cylon75

HI been a while since i done anything but I'm starting on the 1/500 scale jj prise. My additions will be to light it with a madman lighting kit and add PGMS etch Kit. I'm doing mine in the refit version that you see at the end of the movie.
So far i have started the saucer section 1st made the etch bridge for it and working on the changed impulse engine.

Last edited:
Got the inside set up to hold the leds and made a piece out of a red lens cover for the impulse engines and did a test light.

On to the main hull ...Adding the PE pieces to the front on both sides had to remove materiel for the light to shine though and got the 2 main half's painted.

- - - Updated - - -

On to the main hull ...Adding the PE pieces to the front on both sides had to remove materiel for the light to shine though and got the 2 main half's painted.

Assembly of the main hull is coming along done with the shuttle bay painted a different shade of white, not installed yet but you get the idea. Not much concerned about what it looks like from the top not going to see that any way. Next is to figure out how to run and mount the lights and run FO.

Got my wall adapter in yesterday lights up the lights really nice here's some shots of what i got so far lit. Also a shot of the set up for the leds in the main body.

Small update: ran the wires in the main hull but i fried the blinking board in the process so now i have to buy another one and redue that. I also added the 4 section lights around the center of the underside of the saucer.

While I'm waiting on the new board to come in to fix my lighting issue i decided to work on other thing,for one I'm redoing the shuttle bay with a darker color and some decals(left over from one of my Galactica kits) to make it look nicer. I also plan on putting the little shuttles in it that come with the PE set. I also painted the clear blue parts while i was at it.

Small update: Got the shuttle bay done, even added little shuttles and every thing (hard to work with being so small) but should look pretty nice from the back. I also have cut the warp flap's in the nacelles for a better refit effect.

An update: Got my new board and switch over now all the lights work! Ran some fiber optics for the main hull and did my best to run the wire mess in the main hull tight fit. And got the nacelles painted and ready to be worked on.

Glued the main hull together and attached it to the saucer. Running more FO and installed the shuttle bay not a lot of room left.

Worked on the front dish over the last couple days. Couple heads up...1st if your doing the PE pieces do them AFTER you put the nose piece on,i did mine before and had to remove and do again and 2nd do not paint the center of the dish if lighting it blocks to much of the light from the led, I had to remove the paint after the fact.

Update: Got the main hull closed up finally but had to get ride of some of the fiber optics around the shuttle bay for room reasons and other reasons that i couldn't resolve like i would have like and the fact that this is my 1st time working with a project this big with fiber but still happy with what i was able to do. I also started working on the nacelles.

Worked on it on and off all day more on than off, 1st i cleaned up the part i glued up yesterday the main hull, than i worked on the buzzards and the blades for it. They look nice when your done but take a little bit to do. Going to have to mount them differently because of the spinner lights but it all will work out in the end.

Working on the buzzards: Got the blades glued in place, and the outside all painted and did a test shot all i can say is WOW a single shot dose not do it justice will have to do a vid later to fully see how well it works came out better than i thought!

Started to put on the nacelles starting with the inner starboard side,going to have to do this in half's so i can run the lighting and fiber where i want it. I was putting in the Bussard and the nacelle came off and i had to do the whole thing again, should be all set with that now have to pay better attention to taking the paint off to make sure the glue joint are good.
I also got to place the other side in place so i can see how the warp flaps would look with light in them .. I like it think its going to look pretty cool. Here's some update shots:

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back