Informal Poll about OWK Ep1 Saber project

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since Teecrooz is mentioning the O rings, I hope you'll not take this badly, but the O rings on the Maul saber run were a fail I think, a lot of people are saying they need to replace them and the rest of the people are probably in the same situation but just not saying it. I have both this almost new saber from you with completely cracked O rings and a pretty old KR aluminium saber with perfect condition O rings. I'm a bit sad that I have to replace them as I will have to disassemble everything and I painted the washers and am not sure my saber will like disassembling because of the partial rethreading I did on the emiters to accept a M10 rod.
I think sourcing good quality O rings would really be a plus for the next runs :)

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since Teecrooz is mentioning the O rings, I hope you'll not take this badly, but the O rings on the Maul saber run were a fail I think, a lot of people are saying they need to replace them and the rest of the people are probably in the same situation but just not saying it. I have both this almost new saber from you with completely cracked O rings and a pretty old KR aluminium saber with perfect condition O rings. I'm a bit sad that I have to replace them as I will have to disassemble everything and I painted the washers and am not sure my saber will like disassembling because of the partial rethreading I did on the emiters to accept a M10 rod.
I think sourcing good quality O rings would really be a plus for the next runs :)

I would love to hear where KR gets his o-ring and how I can avoid this issue in any future run. If anyone has advice on where to get o-rings that will not split or crack with time, please let me know.

xl97

Master Member
Cant comment 100%... but I can say I have had a box of HarborFreight o-rings in my garage for years.. and they are still nice looking and not dried out.

(not sure what sizes you are looking for though either)

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The o-rings I have also look as new the day I got them. The issue seems to be how they hold up under continual tension over the long term. It's not something that's easy to assess when ordering since O-rings aren't actually designed to do what we're usinging them for (stretch over a larger diameter then they were designed for and get left out unlubricated for an extended period of time).

Even on the original props, most of the o-rings snap and fall off with time.

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
COVID has everything slowed down. But this is still happening. I'm currently waiting on an OWK from the Custom Saber Shop, because I wan't to see if I can make my kit compatible with their vented pommel. This will mean that I don't have to add on a separate piece for my run and that builders can go with an aluminum part from TCSS if they choose.

Last edited:

Mandalorian444

. . . I'm currently waiting on an OWK from the Custom Saber Shop, because I wan't to see if I can make my kit compatible with their vented pommel. This will mean that I don't have to add on a separate piece for my run and that builders can go with an aluminum part from TCSS if they choose.

Love this. I already have a spare one lying around and it would be great to add it to one of these sabers.

Jediwannabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have one from the delrin run too. Great hilt! As for the o-rings deteriorating, it’s not happened to my Obi-Wan but my MR Maul rings have to be replaced every few years.
Adjustments.jpg